PDA

View Full Version : question about "bump fire stocK"

Bennett
November 23, 2011, 11:53 AM
I would like to hear from anyone who has tried the bump fire stock.
Anything you can tell me pro and con would be greatly appreciated.
thank you in advance
b

Technosavant
November 23, 2011, 02:10 PM
The slide fire for the AR-15, you mean?

I've seen and handled one, haven't used one.

Seems like it breaks down something like this...

Advantages:
- Eases the "bump fire" process considerably

Disadvantages:
- Expensive
- Must be removed and replaced if you ever want to shoot the thing normally
- Doesn't aid in accuracy
- Doesn't make the ammo any cheaper

If you like bump firing an AR for kicks and giggles, it's probably a good solution. For anything other than turning ammo into noise quickly, it's pointless.

Yung.gunr
November 23, 2011, 03:22 PM
Big waste of $ for serious shooters IMHO.

Philo
November 23, 2011, 03:38 PM
I heard they work just fine, but they are expensive to buy and you end up spending a lot of money in ammo in a matter of seconds just for the thrill of bumpfire.

Unless money is no object, I would much rather spend it on something a bit more practical.

Bennett
November 23, 2011, 03:47 PM
Thank you gentlemen for the good counsel.
I did not know you had to take it off to shoot normally,
I knew the ammo cost was definitely a factor.
I wasnt ready to buy one yet I now I know I will never be.
Thanks for keeping me from doing something dumb with $$ and 000's after it.

roklok
November 23, 2011, 05:48 PM
You do NOT have to remove it to shoot normally. The stock has a lever that locks it into a fixed position for normal use.

I do not own one, and doubt if I ever will, but wanted to clear that point up. I have to admit, I am a little tempted now that folks have been getting them to work on the S&W MP22. Could have a lot of fun with one on a .22 for not a lot of ammo costs.

Lloyd Smale
November 23, 2011, 07:03 PM
sorry guys but i consider myself a serious gun owner and shooter and i own one and think its a hoot to rattle off a clip once in a while. Its actually a bargin when you figure what a full auto gun cost and all the hastle of getting one.

chris in va
November 23, 2011, 07:06 PM
I have to agree, fun to dump a mag every now and then. Actually buying something intended for that purpose is a bit of a reach though.

attila787
November 23, 2011, 07:08 PM
I have used one and its just for the experience/fun factor. It works extremely well for what its made for, but it all the depends on the person from a price standpoint.

Technosavant
November 23, 2011, 08:43 PM
The stock has a lever that locks it into a fixed position for normal use.

I missed that on the one I saw. Still, I'm not sure how comfortable it would be when you aren't bump firing... the design of the thing seems like it would still potentially annoy your trigger finger.

Lloyd Smale
November 24, 2011, 07:56 AM
when the stock locks back it puts the trigger bumps far enough back that it really doesnt interfere with your shooting. Im not saying its as good as a regular stock for that but its exceptable. One thing you do give up is the abiltiy to retract your stock.

plateshooter
November 24, 2011, 08:12 AM
A guy at the range I belong to has one. His works and it works very well for what it is intended for. If a person has the bucks for the stock ($359.00 is what he told me he paid) and the ammo, it is a fun set up to have if you enjoy that sort of thing.

Big Shrek
November 24, 2011, 06:49 PM
Save the $359 and buy yourself a Wii & a couple good gun games with pistol accessory.
You get better & faster trigger practice from Link's Crossbow Adventure & other games than you would with a bumpfire stock.

The Wii can make you almost as fast as Jerry Miculek after 6 months of daily practice...
unfortunately, you won't be nearly as accurate or good as he is at target acquisition...that'll take you another 10-15 years ;)

shootniron
November 24, 2011, 07:24 PM
They are a hoot. I do not have one, but my friend has one and it is a blast.

nate45
November 24, 2011, 07:43 PM
Looks pretty neat in the demo video. I'm fairly certain the demonstrators have had practice, but it looks like their in control to me.

Incredible Bump Fire! New ATF Approved stock for AR-15 Allows Easy and Safe Bump firing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6tORrODJE)

Lloyd Smale
November 25, 2011, 05:49 AM
nobodys claiming your going to get any trigger control practice with one or shoot a 2 inch group at a 100 yards but ive shot enough full auto guns to say this. You can shoot a bump fire stock just as accurately and any other full auto gun.

Art Eatman
November 25, 2011, 08:03 AM
Bumpfire: God's way of telling you that you have too much money.

Much like cocaine...

checkmyswag
November 25, 2011, 10:14 AM
^This^

I have zero interest in "bump fire" anything.

Does this mean I'm getting old?

Skans
November 25, 2011, 10:41 AM
If I didn,t already own a full auto .223, I would buy two of these things. Then I would have someone machine one out of aluminum for me. Life is too short to be a fudd:D

nate45
November 25, 2011, 11:12 AM
Gunblast.com - Slide Fire SSAR-15 Buttstock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBP2xFsEoso&feature=related)

Another good video on the Slide Fire.

Bennett
November 25, 2011, 02:47 PM
Well for us old guys {70} it sure looks like a lot of fun.
The gunblast video makes it look really simple and very controllable.
Maybe I should ask Santa if he has an extra, what do you think?

locnload
November 25, 2011, 08:18 PM
There was a dealer selling Glock gear at the local GSSF match last August and they had one on display. They took a small group of us over to an empty range bay and let everyone fire it. It was a kick to shoot but on the practical side, its a pretty expensive toy, I don't get it. Seems kind of like an accident waiting to happen because you just don't have good control of the gun. Oh well, to each his own I guess. :confused: