PDA

View Full Version : bringing home an m&p 40 compact tomorrow

Vermonter
November 2, 2011, 09:23 PM
Unless anyone here wants to talk me out of it. Also thinking of getting a 357 sig barrel for woods carry with it. I figure i will replace the sigma with a handgun i can actually carry occasionally. Thoughts?
Thanks, Vermonter

RamItOne
November 2, 2011, 09:45 PM
LGS here is having a SnW rep come by fri sat for their SnW and Walther sale. MnP compacts 439 with two mags.

Vermonter
November 3, 2011, 12:09 AM
I don't suppose that is in Vermont anywhre is it?

DAdams
November 3, 2011, 07:49 AM
Sounds like a reasonable plan.

If you are active, retired or a DAV there is a $50 S&W rebate available on their website for purchases through Dec 31, 2012.

There are also dealers out there who have the M&Pc with three magazines and night sights for a reasonable price, that is to say marked up to include the night sights and slightly for the three mags....which can be scarce at times.

These seem to come through vendors who do alot of LE business but also sell to the general public.

GUNSNGOLD
November 3, 2011, 07:56 AM
my friend has one and we took it out yesterday, he has around 500 rounds through it so far without a hiccup.

Uncle Malice
November 3, 2011, 08:00 AM
I love the M&P series. I personally prefer the full size over the compact, but I really liked my compact 9 as well. I had the compact 40 and the recoil just felt... weird to me. Not really sure why. The full size 40 shoots fine.

Anyways, I'm a huge fan of the M&P guns and highly recommend the Apex Tactical Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit.

Jet Guns is about the best price I've found on M&P's. Almost every model is $439 with free shipping.

Note: I just checked and for whatever reason the 40 compact is $471 at Jet Guns right now. Still cheaper than most retail stores though (and Bud's).

Vermonter
November 3, 2011, 11:42 AM
Local shop wants to give me $200 for my sigma and wants me to put 300 into the M&P for a total out of pocket of $300. I can find a better price on the gun but cant get $200 for the sigma while I am at it so I will most likely go with that.

Thanks, Vermotner

shredder4286
November 3, 2011, 11:57 AM
I've had to do that before as well. Sometimes you just gotta take the trade in $$ while you can and get the gun you want

Uncle Malice
November 3, 2011, 12:02 PM
$500 isn't a terrible price to get it locally.. $200 for a used sigma and $300 out of pocket is even more nice.

I'd say go for it.

RamItOne
November 3, 2011, 12:48 PM
200 used sigma??? thats a good trade.

the sale is in N Fl, but at least you know what you could get them for, helps knowing when youre trying to get them to move on price

I'd really like a compact .357