PDA

View Full Version : WTH, range trip with my P32 and it didn't GAG

GUNSNGOLD
October 26, 2011, 04:27 PM
this little kel tec has been problematic from the getgo, first range trip and the slide locks closed, cant budge it so off to the mother ship it went. i get it back and get it to the range to see that its hanging up, sometimes not returning fully to battery on S&B ammo.

into the safe it went for several years untill this past summer when i busted it out and shot a box of fiocchi through it, it bobbled a little bit but i was able to chew through that box without too many problems.

well today i took it back out with 100 rounds, 50 rounds of fmj fiocchi and 50 rounds of 60gr jhp from fiocchi also. it ran without a hitch and i may finally consider it for a pocket gun.

i dont know if it took a couple hundred rounds to work things out or if S&B ammo doesn't agree with the little guy or if it could be the cleaning with breakfree prior to this trip but whatever it was it worked.

i will need a few more trips like today before i will feel comfortable carrying it.

Mosin44az
October 27, 2011, 12:57 AM
P32s are definitely sensitive to ammo. You have to test tiny pocket pistols thoroughly.

Mine wouldn't run S & B or CorBon. Find a brand that works. If you like Fiocchi, go for it.

batmann
October 27, 2011, 08:04 AM
Ket-Tec's can be sensitive when new and it is best to shoot 100-200 through them to test function. My P-3AT has been flawless, but I only have shoot good factory ammo (Blazer FMJ, S&B FMJ) and carry Remington HP's in it.