PDA

View Full Version : After CCW class yesterday

Steelers252006
October 23, 2011, 06:27 AM
I shot a Glock 22. It does have some kick, but I'm strong enough to handle the recoil, didn't bother me. How much worse would the kick of a Glock 27 be with the extended magazine for the pinky finger? My instructor STRONGLY, as I've stated before and continued yesterday, recommends this gun for carry. His second choice is a snubnose revolver, Smith 642, doesn't like the LCR; though, I am not sure why.

WildBill45
October 23, 2011, 07:17 AM
Let me start by saying that your instructor has his own opinion, but that is all it is, his own opinion. He should offer suggestions, and then leave it there. Everyone has opinions and other parts, and sometimes they may be right for them, but are they right for you?

I do not know where your instructor sits in the real world of firearms as far as experience, and real world usage, moreover, his qualifications; is he a Pro, military or law enforcement (and not all of these are Pros either), or civilian Pro-shooter, or very experienced trainer and/or competitor. You don’t have to be a long-in-the-tooth or experienced shooter/instructor at beginning levels, just pass your NRA instructor course, and maybe only have been shooting for only weeks!

We could start a fight here going over the good, and Bad, side of Glock, so we won’t do that, but there are two sides to every gun choice. Even the models, like the 22 you were shooting, which can also be used for CCW depending on clothing and season.

Sub-Compact guns are expert’s guns! Compact guns are still more skill-set sensitive. Full size guns are best for beginners with their full size and controllable grip, longer sight radius and better sights, and less recoil and muzzle blast.

The small grips of Sub-compacts are too small and hard to control for rookies to use effectively. You must master the basics before taking on difficult guns to control, poor sight packages, and more muzzle blast, recoil issues.

Compact guns like the Glock 27 in .40 Cal. may also be a handful for a beginner, and no matter how well it hides, the primary purpose a CCW gun is to protect your life or the life of others. If you can’t shoot it, it is worthless! A bigger gun that you can shoot, even though it may mean you have to wear shirts loose and not tucked in, or light jackets to hide it will be better until you master the larger model, then work on the smaller and harder to shoot models!

If you insist on going sub or just compact, to be relevant or cool, then use a smaller and more controllable caliber at first. A 9mm on target bests a .50 caliber miss! As far as brands, models, and types, do a lot of research, and don’t depend on what everyone else has. A lot of folks will talk you into getting what they have, but have they never tried other models and brands themselves. You can’t say this or that is the best, when you have never tried this or that, therefore have nothing to compare this to that to in the first place!

Choose wisely my friend … your life will depend on it!

fourrobert13
October 23, 2011, 07:39 AM
I am an instructor, but I never tell people what they should carry. I offer suggestions based off my own experiences with a particular weapon. Some of this experience comes from actually owning/shooting a particular gun or from seeing the weapons that come through my classes. A Glock 27 is a fine weapon, but it isn't right for evryone. I disagree with the above poster about sub compacts have a difficult learning curve, but that is neither here nor there. You can carry whatever you choose and it can be whatever your instructor suggested, or it can be what you want. I bet if you went to a different instructor, he would have said carry a M&P. It doesn't really matter what your instructor tells you to carry or suggest, go out and shoot some guns and see what works best for you. I went to my local gun club a few months ago to shoot, but couldn't because they had a ccw class going on. I sat there for a few minutes and listened to the two instructors talking. Both of these guys were sporting all 5.11 clothing (pants, shirt, and tactical vest). Then both of them pull out there full size custom 1911's and tell the class that this is how they dress and this is what they carry all of the time. I don't mean to dispute what they said, but I hardly doubt they look like that every day. I don't recall the last time I was at Walmart and saw someone all decked out like those guys were. If you are new to firearms and new to ccw, then go find a place that will let you reant a gun and try before you buy. You don't want to just buy something because your instructor said it was the best thing. There are many other great carry weapons to chose from, so don't limit your choices.

Steelers252006
October 23, 2011, 08:15 AM
My instructor is a police officer, has been one for 30 some years. He's obviously biased, but I do respect his opinion. He thinks nothing good of Kahr.

He keeps saying that all the other guns are always comparing themselves to the Glock by self-promoting and saying they do this like a Glock or that like a Glock, so his thing is why not just BUY a Glock. He showed us how easy it is to field strip, and he says he's never had a jam with it.

Steelers252006
October 23, 2011, 08:20 AM
BTW, this isn't about being relevant or cool. I'm a mid 30s professional, well above that stage in my life. I'm simply trying to make a good, solid choice based on where I stand at the time with firearms. I want something that I will want to take with me because it's comfortable to carry, and I want something that I can hit the target with regularly within 7-10 yards. I also want to get the right caliber so I trust that it will stop the assailant before he gets me. It's a HUGE and IMPORTANT decision and not one I take lightly in the least.

Appreciate all your opinions. I won't necessarily buy a Glock because of the opinion of one person as I know many others feel different ways. I just want something with reliability and proven, and drawing off the experience of others with firearms is one of the many tools at my disposal to help me with this decision. Thanks.

Spats McGee
October 23, 2011, 08:31 AM
BTW, this isn't about being relevant or cool. I'm a mid 30s professional, well above that stage in my life. I'm simply trying to make a good, solid choice based on where I stand at the time with firearms. I want something that I will want to take with me because it's comfortable to carry, and I want something that I can hit the target with regularly within 7-10 yards. I also want to get the right caliber so I trust that it will stop the assailant before he gets me. It's a HUGE and IMPORTANT decision and not one I take lightly in the least.
Then you're on the right track. CC ought not to be about cool.

As for the Glock 22, . . . Let start with my caveat: I don't have much experience with them, having shot only one. However, I like Glocks (in spite of not really wanting to). They go bang when they should. I'd like to have one. However, for CC, the G22 looks a bit large to me. I'd go looking more at the G19/G23 size

Uncle Malice
October 23, 2011, 08:39 AM
I don't think you can compare the feel of shooting the G22 to the G27. Different felt recoil, different grip shape. The G23 is similar to the G22, just a little smaller.

As I mentioned on your previous post, I would suggest shooting both a G27 and a G26, if that's something that you're interested in. With quality, modern day self defense ammunition, the 9mm round leaves nothing to be desired against the .40. It's cheaper to shoot, more controllable, and gives you more rounds.

You might also see if you can find examples of the competition - Smith & Wesson's M&P Compact, Springfield Armory's XD sub-compact, Walther PPS(single stack and significantly slimmer than all of the others).

I do like Glock's a lot for what they are. I have several right now and have owned many others - in just about every model offered. My preference is for the compact size. The G19/G23. It has enough grip to get your whole hand on it, but it's still small and light enough to conceal easily, and it's a pleasure to shoot a ton of ammo through. I believe the G19(9mm) is the number on best selling Glock on the civilian market.. and there's a good reason for it.

Take your instructors recommendation for what it is... a recommendation. Try the competition and see what feels best to you. They're all reliable, see how the ergonomics feel. I'm a big fan of the M&P series myself... and with Smith & Wesson customer service backing the gun, you'll never have to worry about it for the rest of your life. If something breaks in 20 years... send it back they'll fix it or replace it at no charge. Springfield offers equally excellent customer service. S&W also handles all customer service in the US for Walther... so that's a non-issue as well.

In closing, I personally feel that 9mm is probably the best round for CCW. I have guns in 9mm, .40, .45, and 10mm... I can and do carry guns on each caliber at different times. Sometimes I simply "want" to carry a different gun... or sometimes I consider where I'm going or what I'm doing and carry what I feel is appropriate. If I'm going on a hike, or anything in the wilderness... I'll almost always have the 10mm Glock 29. For every day commuting to and from work, it's usually the Walther PPS. I often open carry on my motorcycle. At those times I'll usually carry a full size gun. Springfield XDM in .40 or M&P in 9mm.

This hobby often becomes quite addicting and you will surely acquire more guns. You can always give the .40 a try at some other point. I would recommend starting with a good, small, 9mm for CCW. That's just my opinion, it's probably worth what you paid for it.

Cheers. :)

TxFlyFish
October 23, 2011, 08:40 AM
Make sure you research about the 4th gen reliability. I havent looked into the subcompacts but last time I looked into the 9mm glocks it really gave me a headache...bazillions of spring codes

Discern
October 23, 2011, 08:55 AM
I agree with what WildBill45 said regarding the Glock being the personal opinion of that concealed carry instructor. For some, brand XYZ works well with their hand but for others it does not. If Glock was the gun to have for everyone, all there would be is Glock. Every hand is different in some way whether it be size or shape of the hand itself. This is why your leather gloves fit you like a glove, but a leather glove that belongs to someone else feels different.

I disagree what WildBill45 posted regarding NRA Certified Instructors due to the following.

First, if you pass the NRA Certified Instructor course, you are a NRA Certified Instructor for the NRA course for which you become certified. The NRA does not allow instructors who are not certified by the NRA for that particular NRA course to be an instructor for that NRA course. You must be certified by the NRA for that discipline in order to instruct that NRA course.

Second, not even a NRA basic course is a guaranteed to pass course (know students who have failed a NRA basic class and others who were kicked out of a basic class); and the standards are much higher to become a NRA Certified Instructor. Some who register to take a course to become a NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol do not even make it past the pre-assessment phase. Those who do make it pass the pre-assessment phase will have two full days consisting of class time where the student shows their knowledge of the material and teaching skills and range time where the student must demonstrate their firearm safety, handling, knowledge and shooting skills (two handed, one handed - strong and weak hand) with both centerfire revolvers and centerfire semi-autos. The students who pass the pre-assessment phase but do not pass the course are not happy they spent several hundred dollars for the course (not including ammo, travel or lodging costs) and two full days on a course they did not pass. No NRA Certified Instructor or NRA Certified Training Counselor takes lightly putting their signature on a certificate for even a NRA basic course. The standards are much higher for a recommendation to become a NRA Certified Instructor.

Third, the NRA has the right to pull the credentials of a NRA Certified Instructor. If a NRA instructor is not a good instructor, chances are they will lose their credentials. For this to happen, the NRA must be notified of any violations to the NRA rules and standards.

Edit: A student taking a course to become a NRA Certified Instructor for a firearms course must also show their command and teaching ability on the range.

Steelers252006
October 23, 2011, 09:17 AM
Let me add that personally I have an interest in the Ruger LC9 and Kahr CM or CW9, and a third candidate would be the Walther PPS. So there are other ones I want to hold, get a feel for it, and possibly shoot first, if possible, before making a decision. The only thing about Glock that really, really intrigues me is the fact that, beyond an obvious deal with the company, many police officers cary and seem to rely endorse these firearms, and if it's good enough for these guys, it's definitely more than good enough for me. That being said I plan on doing my due dilligence, learning about all these guns and maybe some more, asking questions on here, holding and hopefully firing a few, and making the decision that is ultimately best for me.

Anyone owning the LC9 that wants to chime in about their pros and cons are quite welcome. Thanks!!

HKGuns
October 23, 2011, 09:26 AM
Opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one, myself included.

Go to the range and try lots of different pistols and choose the one that feels best and you're comfortable with shooting.....Everyone has their biases and you should shoot the pistol you can 1. Afford 2. Fits your hand and 3. Can shoot accurately. Try different calibers too, don't get hung up on the .40 round because that is what the cop carries.

You don't say you are, but I"ll make the assumption you are a new shooter. I wouldn't recommend a .40 for a new shooter as the recoil is far snappier than either the 9mm or the 45ACP. That is my opinion, if you shoot it well then that is what is best for you. However, you just might shoot a 9mm or 45ACP better but you'll never know unless you try them out before buying. Think of it like a wine tasting, you'll have a lot of fun trying out the different calibers and models.

Edited to add: I'm biased as well, I absolutely HATE gLoCks and that makes little to no sense since they're generally fine pistols.

Uncle Malice
October 23, 2011, 09:35 AM
One of our own, Hickok45, has done a nice review and shooting video of the LC9:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeLxP6Kywzk&hd=1

Sturmgewehre did have a video too, but it looks to have been taken down... not sure why.

Dashunde
October 23, 2011, 09:46 AM
I own and carry both the G27 and PM9.

For daily carry the PM9 wins easily - light, slim, great shooter, decent round count.

For pure capablity the G27 wins easily - 9+1 of 40S&W in that small package is hard to argue with.
It is substancially heavier and bulkier than the PM9 - you WILL notice its heft.

The G27 has been 100% reliable. The Kahr hicupped during its break-in as expected in specific ways, but has been 100% since, and probably has many more rounds thru it now than my G27.
I'd consider them equally reliable.

Now the important part - Shootablity.
The Glock 27 is a bit of a handful - it is not a "pleasant" gun to shoot with full power loads, and to make it worse, to be proficient and accurate with it you will need to practice more often with it.
Getting a quick and accurate second shoot is not easy and takes practice with this one.
The payoff is good though - very hard hitting weapon in a small package.

The Kahr is a very nice shooting gun. Great trigger, good accuracy, easily tolerable recoil.

So I've always been on the fence between them...
I daily carry the PM9, but the G27 isnt usually far away from me.

Big Shrek
October 23, 2011, 09:51 AM
Run away from the Ruger...I've had nothing but issues with their pistols over the last ten years. QC has gone to heck.
The latest Ruger recalls being the least of it.

Almost any good-quality pistol can be optimized for excellent precision and reliability for CCW.
Glock, Colt, etc...stick with the ones known for reliability.
It never hurts to take your pistol up a notch or two by carefully polishing internals & improving it for your grip.

And here's the part that peeves off the Mall Ninjas...
Improve your physical condition. Recoil can be made negligible with weight training.
If your body is strong, recoil doesn't mean squat. 10mm to me feels like 9mm did when I was younger.
9mm to me feels like .22WMR out of a Grendel P-31 about 20 years ago...you get the idea?
Shake Jerry Miculek's hand sometime at a shoot, the man has definitely got a good grip! It makes a difference.

WildBill45
October 23, 2011, 10:18 AM
Recoil can be made negligible with weight training.

I strongly beg to differ with that statement! Recoil, is a mental issue, other than physical limitations due to injury or age.

Pushing iron has nothing to do with the mind, and can make one over confident and be more recoil sensitive. It is all about concentration and focus. If you do both recoil is part of the shooting movement overall. Iron clankers can no more concentrate and focus than non-iron-clankers! This is why martial artists take to shooting so quickly in some cases, due the mental discipline.

I have never seen a Mr. America type win a major shooting contest, in pistol, rifle or shotgun... I am not saying that lifters can't shoot; I am saying that lifting doesn't do much for recoil, as it is not a physical strength thing at all for healthy shooters!

I have seen 14 year-old girls beat men in shooting all day long, and they barely can hold the gun!

WildBill45
October 23, 2011, 10:38 AM
I can hit the target with regularly within 7-10 yards

May I suggest not putting such low expectations into your thinking. If you can shoot far, you can always shoot close, but it doesn't always work the other way. Right off the bat you want to shoot out to 25 yards on in. Shooting small groups at 7 yards without doing so at 25 may lead you to believe you are better than you are, and you may shoot farther whilst in distress and fail. Your errors are amplified as the range increases, thus a lesson in better shooting. When you're shooting at 15 and 25 improves so will your up close shooting.

Closer in at 2 or 3 yards you will learn to shoot instinctively without your sight at all, which will be the case at night in bed, if a stranger calls, at the foot of your bed! No time for sights, or turning on lasers and looking for the dot ... pure point & shoot shooting at its finest!

The LC9 is fine 9mm pocket-rocket, but again it takes a little practice to shoot it well, especially if you use the short magazine that takes away your third finger on the grip. The longer mag has an extra finger bracket, but still, you are not getting a full grip that a full size pistol provides.

Above, UNCLE MALICE posted one of my videos shooting the LC9 ... that was my first and most popular video.

Here is one of the lesser known videos on the LC9, which may apply to you by the subject matter ... a stranger to the gun shooting up close instinctively at at moving target, etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXv8hN75Hic

m.p.driver
October 23, 2011, 10:58 AM
Glocks are soulless guns,there is nothing stylish about them,and they are shaped like a two by four.With that said,between myself and my wife we have a Glock 17,19,22,23,and a 21.Both of us have tried the subs but they just don't feel right in the hand,two small for me and she doesn't like the kick.For concealed carry I'll grab a 23 0r 19,nothing to catch on clothing and no safety to manually disengage.But like all weapons you have to train with them,a lot of people,both civilians and LEO have found out"No finger on the trigger on the draw"

Steelers252006
October 23, 2011, 11:07 AM
Enjoyed the LC9 review video. Thanks!!

WildBill45
October 23, 2011, 11:16 AM
Enjoyed the LC9 review video. Thanks!!

Thanks!

Now it is time to make your own video, and post it for us!;)

TheNocturnus
October 23, 2011, 11:24 AM
Just thought I'd throw my $0.02 in. I carry a Glock 22 as my primary CCW everyday. For me, the recoil is very managable and is much less than the compact G23 or subcompact G27.

Since the gun is polymer it does not have the huge weight disadvantage of an all steel full size pistol. It does have a large frame but for my body type it conceals very well. Don't go out and buy a Glock 22 because it works for me though, get something YOU are comfortable with.

Uncle Malice
October 23, 2011, 11:31 AM
Above, UNCLE MALICE posted one of my videos shooting the LC9 ... that was my first and most popular video.

???

Hickok45 got a new account?

Mello2u
October 23, 2011, 11:36 AM
Steelers252006,

I'm curious, was your class a NRA class? If so, which one?

I agree with the advice from those who suggest you actually try different shooting platforms (handguns of different types and in several cartridges). Until you actually hold, manipulate and shoot a handgun you can not make an informed decision about what you will shoot best. Try different trigger designs. You may find that a 1911 trigger is more important to your shooting results that some other design factor of a different design.

Of course, over time with practice your skill with the handgun you choose should increase; assuming you practice the right skills.

You have to consider and decide for yourself what is the minimum power you want to carry. How much weight you are willing to carry. As well as, what dimension of the handgun, holster and any other accessories you wish to carry.

It has been the core issue of many "discussions" as to what is the minimum cartridge that is suitable for a defensive handgun. Each of us needs to decide that.

At the most basic you need a reliable handgun. Accuracy for, defensive purposes, is a given in just about any handgun you can buy today. All you need do for defensive accuracy is to be able to hit center of mass, drawing from your holster, on a random signal, at a distance of 7 yards, twice in less than two second, to an area about the size of an average hand.

Once you buy your defensive handgun, then you must shoot it to prove that it is reliable. Many people say that this takes 200 - 500 rounds through the gun without any failures.

Billy Shears
October 23, 2011, 11:38 AM
beyond an obvious deal with the company, many police officers cary and seem to rely endorse these firearms, and if it's good enough for these guys, it's definitely more than good enough for me.

Don't fall into that trap.

For many LEOs, myself included, the Glock is "good enough" for us for no other reason than that Glock practically gives them away to us.

A Glock that costs you $575 in your local gun store costs me only $425 and I get an extra mag and a free armorer's course as bonuses.

Don't misunderstand...I like Glocks. I shoot them regularly. I put nearly 1,000 rounds through my Gen4 19 just last month. However, they are not my favorite carry pistol. And they are definitely not the be-all-and-end-all self defense weapon. They are an option. A good option, no doubt, but an option nonetheless, just like many other fine weapons.

Tens of thousands of LEOs use them, carry them and recommend them because Glock treats us right and makes it so irresitably affordable for us to use them, carry them and recommend them.

If other companies did that there would likely be far fewer Glocks on the street. In fact, S&W's law enforcement program is comparable to Glocks and my M&P [also $425] has become far more enjoyable and shootable for me than my Glocks. And because of this competition for LEO attention, more and more departments are either switching to the M&P or making it an authorized alternate to whatever they are issuing.

Bottom line...try many different brands and go with the one that works best for you. If you think about it with only a bit of healthy skepticism, you'll realize that many LEOs who preach the gospel of Glock to the world are in fact little more than paid spokesmen. The discounts we get tend to make us a bit biased in favor of the company giving us the discount, whether that is Glock, S&W, FN or whoever. Take it all with a grain of salt and find one that works for you.

Nevertoomanyguns
October 23, 2011, 11:39 AM
I Carry a G27 IWB all day I love the gun. I can shoot accurately and with speed from 25 yards and in. I also mess around with 100 yard shots from time to time with it and it is more than capable. Does it kick? yes, but I've shot it side by side with a G26 and I didn't think that the difference in recoil was that great.

I prefer shooting it with the flush fitting base plate, you can get use to this its not that hard. The pinky is not that important.

However; it may perform differently for you! Every shooter is different and perceives things differently from the next shooter. If you can? I would highly recommend that you find someone with a G26 and g27 or rent one if you can and makeup your mind for yourself.

My G27 has actually saved my behind before; I made a dumb mistake and tried to cut this buck's throat with a knife! My friend wounded it and I had a running away shot through the woods with my .270 win, the buck dropped at the shot. This was my last bullet for the .270, we jumped it up from its bed and had to try and make running shots through the thick Maine woods with scoped rifles, this is not an easy task. I leaned my empty rifle up against a tree pulled my buck knife and walked up to finish the buck; I didn't want to shoot it up anymore. Well when I walked up to the buck I grabbed its rack and went in for the kill. With this he started to get up and he swept his rack back towards my face! His G2's touched my nose, you should of felt the power in his movement! I jumped back pull my G27 and shot him at the base of the skull where it connects with the spine killing him instantly. This was a 259 lbs dressed out buck, well over 300 lbs on the hoof! Not one of our proudest hunts but we had to put the buck down after my friend made a poor first shot.

Me on the left with the G27.
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2985/1000261y.jpg

I could have lost my life because of that foolish mistake! Only if he had got me in the throat! or an eye! Lesson learn don't try and be Rambo shoot them instead!

Sorry! Kind of side tracked from the post. I love the G27 give it a try.

Uncle Malice
October 23, 2011, 11:42 AM
I feel like your G27 is aiming much too close to your friend in that picture... :eek:

Nevertoomanyguns
October 23, 2011, 11:44 AM
I feel like your G27 is aiming much too close to your friend in that picture...

It is the angle, both guns were unloaded and it is not pointed at him trust me.

Dashunde
October 23, 2011, 12:07 PM
..Recoil can be made negligible with weight training.
If your body is strong, recoil doesn't mean squat..

Obviously more muscle mass and density will absorb recoil better.
But it doesnt account much for the snappy slap delivered by a G27, especially towards the end of the mag where the gun is much lighter.

Fwiw I recall having really poor finess and accuracy back in my wannabe-gorilla days.

ScotchMan
October 23, 2011, 05:05 PM
I'd like to mention something that hasn't been covered so far. IWB carry of a full-size or compact pistol is much easier than you may think. Your tendency towards tiny pocket pistols (LC9, etc) may be because you are scared of concealing something bigger and "getting caught."

As someone who has been carrying for about a month now, let me tell you; it is really easy to conceal IWB. I started concealing my Ruger SR9c with shorts and a fitted t-shirt that only covered it by a few inches. You could not tell I had a gun. Width of the gun and length of the grip are the biggest factors; the SR9c is great in this area, but I am now concealing a full-size Beretta in .45 under just an XL hoodie. I am 6'5", 200lbs. If I were you I would set my sights on something in the Glock 19 size range, and get an LC9 or other pocket pistol later, for when you absolutely can't go IWB. I haven't found a scenario like that so far.

Just my opinion. And as far as Glocks, I don't like them and would never own one, but I could never criticize anyone for choosing it. It is simple, reliable, practical, a tool rather than a toy. My only complaint with them is the relatively light trigger pull with no safety, but with a proper holster and following the #1 safety rule, it should never be a problem.

fourrobert13
October 23, 2011, 06:28 PM
I own two Glock 22's and carry one every day at work (LEO). I pack a Glock 27 off-duty. These guns do not bother me. I said that in my classes I do not tell people what they should carry, but suggest good weapons based on my experience. I try to tell people the pros and cons of each suggestion. I even let folks shoot my guns, so they understand what I am telling them. My suggestion to the OP was to not limit his choice based completely off of his instructor's advice. As everyone here knows, guns are personal preference. Just because a Glock works for me doesn't mean it will work for you is all I was trying to get accross. I stand by the advice to try before you buy, so you do regret your purchase. It seems like the OP has a grasp on what he wants and respects his instructor, so basically it's his choice to make. You can't go wrong with a Glock or any other quality modern pistol these days.;)

Mike Irwin
October 25, 2011, 07:54 AM
Everyone settle down right now.

WildBill, your own words certainly made it sound as if you were/are claiming ownership of Hickok's video.

So why don't you take a nice, deep breath, and calmly and rationally EXPLAIN why you apparently take ownership of the video, then get bent out of shape when someone suggests that the two of you are one in the same.

Uncle Malice
October 25, 2011, 12:40 PM
WildBill45, I said:

One of our own, Hickok45, has done a nice review and shooting video of the LC9:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeLxP6Kywzk&hd=1

And then you said:

I believe that is where the confusion is coming into play.... I did not post a video of yours.

WildBill45
October 25, 2011, 12:49 PM
OK, OK, NOW I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM!

1. In this post at #16 is my post where I attached a video of MINE about the LC9!

2. In post #12 Malice posted a video of an LC9 by Hickok!!!

3. Then in #18, one after my post, Steelers252006 posted, “Enjoyed the LC9 review video. Thanks!!”

4. Right after that on post #19, is when I quoted STeeler 252006, BECAUSE I THOUGHT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT MY LC9 VIDEO, BECAUSE HE HAD JUST SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE.

5. Someone then read my response, and passed by LC9 posting, which was just up from that one, and claimed that I claimed the LC9 posting all the way to #12!

6. Now everyone has skipped my posting and LC9 video, claiming that I WAS THE ONE WHO WAS CLAIMING THE VIDEO, WHEN MY VIDEO WAS THE FIRST POSTED, AND OF COURSE I THOUGHT STEELER GUY WAS RESPONDING TO ME!

I DID POST MY OWN LC9 VIDEO FIRST!
ME AND STEELER GUY WERE HAVING A CONVERSATION, SO I THOUGHT I WAS RESPONDING TO HIM, COMPLIMENTING MY VIDEO, UNAWARE OF THE HICKOK POSTING BECAUSE I NEVER LOOKED AT IT…

AGAIN … before claiming people, ME IN PARTICULAR IN THIS CASE, please get your facts straight!

I APPOLOGIZE if I insulted anyone who was involved in the cluster, but this is what it is a cluster, and guilt before reading all the posts…

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

jglsprings
October 25, 2011, 12:53 PM
Gosh, I love how technology makes our lives better.

kraigwy
October 25, 2011, 12:58 PM
CC semi shooters fuss too much, you sound like trap shooters.

Thats one reason to stick to my revolvers.

Uncle Malice
October 25, 2011, 12:58 PM
WildBill45,

There's no need to get so upset... it was an honest question, and more to the point, your explanation does not correlate with the response... so I'm still confused at how I posted a link to a Hickok45 video and you then claimed the video was yours - in post #16.

I'll just leave it alone... it's not worth arguing about. Looks like a misunderstanding followed by a lot of unnecessary aggression.

Mike Irwin
October 25, 2011, 02:14 PM
You know what, I don't think this thread is redeemable at this point, and a large part of that is my fault.

Steelers, if you want to try this again, please do so, and this time I'll use my heavy hand to make sure that it stays under control.

Closed.