PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster ACR Recall

Fullboar
October 17, 2011, 10:09 AM
I just found this on the Bushmaster website

http://www.bushmaster.com/pdf/ACR-Web-Notification.pdf

I would think that their will be some really ****** people who have this rifle (it end up costing around $1000 more then when Magpul was going to make it and it was suppose to be on the market 18 months earlier then what it was now it's been recalled).

EDIT: Sorry Mal H
I just found where you had this in the rifle recall sticky!

Fishbed77
October 17, 2011, 11:33 AM
Old news.

Fullboar
October 17, 2011, 11:36 AM
So I see about 12 months "OLD NEWS"

tahunua001
October 17, 2011, 12:40 PM
I had the misfortune of renting one of those. the ACR looks cool but it's a terrible concept. they literally placed every single control in a different place from any other battle rifle I've used. anything that was in the right place was a different design and required a different method to operate. it's like they tried to make it confusing. mag release, stock release, safety switch all of it was different from an AK, AR, SKS, or M14. and of the 3 guys shooting none of use could hit anything with the iron sights at 25 yards. it's by far the worst combat platform I've ever tried. not surprised it's seeing recalls

Slugthrower
October 17, 2011, 04:01 PM
Yeah, it is a shame. When Mag Pul was working on the concept it looked real good as the Massada. Cerberus ... I mean Bushmaster really screwed the pooch on their new and improved poodle shooter.

Here is a thought though. If Italy doesn't spiral out of control and self destruct, they may have a very interesting rifle to look into in the relative near future.

The Beretta ARX-160 looks very promising and in many ways gets more right than wrong. It does have quite a few diffences in how it operates, yet they are familiar to many as well. It has about 3 different ways to release it's magazines alone. It can be made to eject cases left or right in seconds. The barrel can be changed even easier than the ACR, although I am not sure on how durable that is. Along with ejection, the user can change the side from which he wishes to charge the rifle as well. All of those options are "tooless" as well.

Might want to look into it as an option. As long as they come in at the price point they expect, it will kill the fiasco that is the ACR.

Fullboar
October 18, 2011, 07:10 AM
I found this a while ago on Youtube about the Massada/ACR (it's a real good laugh).

****WARNING NOT FOR KIDS EYES*****
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0Pu-rvFjs

Here is a thought though. If Italy doesn't spiral out of control and self destruct, they may have a very interesting rifle to look into in the relative near future.

The Beretta ARX-160 looks very promising and in many ways gets more right than wrong. It does have quite a few diffences in how it operates, yet they are familiar to many as well. It has about 3 different ways to release it's magazines alone. It can be made to eject cases left or right in seconds. The barrel can be changed even easier than the ACR, although I am not sure on how durable that is. Along with ejection, the user can change the side from which he wishes to charge the rifle as well. All of those options are "tooless" as well.

Might want to look into it as an option. As long as they come in at the price point they expect, it will kill the fiasco that is the ACR.

Yes I saw a report on Youtube at the Shot Show about the Beretta ARX160. The Beretta Rep said that it was going to cost around $1500 USD but at this point wasn't planed for the civilian market. We dont have to worry about that here as semi auto rifles are banned by our Nazi government's (every couple of years here they ban a little more). We have the media to thank for that, even though 99.9% of all gun crime here is done by an unlicenced person/s with unregistered gun/s.