PDA

View Full Version : Mauser 1914 for sale - opinions ?

Rugerblackhawk
October 14, 2011, 11:46 AM
I always wanted a few of the smaller older autos, like the Colts, Mausers, maybe even one of the old Savages. I came across this gunbroker auction of a Mauser 1914

Auction No 255354257

I don't know much about them price wise. The thing I liked about it was that its all matching with what looks to be an original mag. The same seller has some other C&R handguns like a Mauser 1934, CZ 24, Beretta etc. I'm wondering if this Mauser is worth it or should I keep looking. I would imagine many of them have pieces which are unoriginal by now. What do ya'll think?

Rugerblackhawk
October 14, 2011, 12:11 PM
Looks like I posted the wrong auction no. The right one is in the ad now.

gyvel
October 15, 2011, 04:16 AM
$300.00 isn't a great price for this gun considering the condition it's in. It's not too far off the mark, but I would say that $250.00 would be more in line with what he's got.

I bought one off Gunbroker about 2 1/2 months ago for $250.00 (+ shipping) that was in much better condition than this one.

Look around and be patient.

James K
October 15, 2011, 07:06 PM
The seller claims that the magazine is original, but it appears to have a pinned on floorplate, something I have never seen in a Mauser pistol. Note that the magazine sticks down below the grip; normally, that space would be filled by the detachable floorplate of the original magazine. That one is either an after market magazine or, more likely, a nondescript mag that someone stuck in and which might or might function properly.

Jim