PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this is a good deal?

Viper99
October 5, 2011, 12:20 PM
New to rifles and was thinking about this one.
http://hoffgun.com/SP-SaigaSale.htm
Regards

5whiskey
October 5, 2011, 12:47 PM
Not a bad deal for a Saiga.

lamarw
October 5, 2011, 12:48 PM
Have you given any thought to an American made rifle?

What is your intended use of a new rifle? This one seems to have a military appearance which often leaves me cold since it does suit any of my needs or desires. Although, to each his own if it appeals to you.

Fishbed77
October 5, 2011, 04:08 PM
Have you given any thought to an American made rifle?

If the OP wants a quality AK-style rifle at a good price, the Russian-made Saiga is the way to go. It can always be converted to a more traditional AK layout if he so desires.

Eghad
October 5, 2011, 08:21 PM
Looks like a good price to me. Around here you better get in line early for that price.

GONIF
October 5, 2011, 08:31 PM
CHROME LINED BARREL ??????????? No evill pistol grip .

codyb1991
October 5, 2011, 09:40 PM
Looking for Russian made? Really good deal. But you can find AK-47's for cheap also, American made anyways. But Russians know their firearms. I'd buy it.

Viper99
October 6, 2011, 09:55 PM
Apologies to all. Have been working crazy hours. Not a rifle guy but all I know is that I want some in my future. What would I use this for? target, possible hunting.

For that price I thought uhmmm should I get one? but really have no idea how good or bad this rifle deal is for the money.

Pistols I have. Glock 27, Sig P239, SA XDm 9mm, Ruger LCP, 2 Ruger MKIII, unfired 20+ year old Mussberg shotgun.

I have been thinking about 2 different possibilities for rifles.

1. Rifles that fire normal rounds such as 9mm, 40, 45. But what are the practical uses for such rifles? can you hunt with them? what kind of game can you use them for?

Thank you for your replies and willingness to educate me.

tobnpr
October 7, 2011, 06:49 AM
Well..
For primarily target shooting, an AK (even a Saiga) would not even be towards the top of my list.

For casual "plinking", and hunting... yes.

But for shooting groups- no way. And it will likely leave you frustrated if that's your goal.

For "true"- meaning precision- target shooting, with the exception of high-end semi-autos (and the AK isn't that), you need to be looking away from the semi's and towards a bolt action.