PDA

View Full Version : M1 Carbine Receiver GI

michael m
September 23, 2011, 01:03 PM
I was wandering if anyone knows where I can buy a GI M1 carbine receiver? I have found a few, but they cost as much as the whole rifle. I have all the parts I need except the receiver.

michael m
September 23, 2011, 10:40 PM
Would a barreled receiver be easier to find?

stickhauler
September 24, 2011, 03:40 AM
You can find both for sale, but prices these days tend to be high since CMP sold out. Of course, George out in California has receivers for around $425.00, but I wouldn't much trust him to buy anything from him.

The parts for sale section often has both receivers and barreled receivers for sale, at around the same price for each. You may be better off just buying a complete carbine and saving the extra parts you have for use as you need them or sell them off as you need the cash.

The carbine market has went insane since CMP sold out, you can still get them for a bit more than CMP prices through Southern Ohio Guns, but they're import marked of course.

I share your pain, I came late to the dance as well, so I didn't get to enjoy low prices for what I have, though I didn't have to pay the premium prices they're asking today.

RickB
October 5, 2011, 04:03 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=254182845