PDA

View Full Version : Utah Gathering: Orders

George Hill
September 11, 2000, 02:25 PM
In a non-military format...
September 16th 2000 at 0900 hours meet at the obj rally point. That rally point is located at the Wendy's just off the Lehi Exit. Gas up, get some drinks... This is where we shall decide if we are going out to the desert or to the indoor venue depending upon the weather. Either way - we meet there first.

If we go to the fair weather desert location:
Head westward through Lehi and continue westward... I believe this is hwy 73. You'll pass the turn heading to Camp William, you'll pass a bunch of new preplanned communities still being developed... You'll pass a little airstrip offering Sky Diving and Glider rides... You'll pass Cedar Fort... You'll pass Fairfield... You'll pass into tooele county and come to the Old Pony Express trail - Turn left. A few hundred yards you'll see a Yellow Diamond warning sign indicating a right curve... Turn Left there. The are is wide open.
BUT - for those who have Binocs... Bring the Binocs! If no one has binocs - we will post a rifleman with a scoped rifle on top of my van to glass the area down range and call for cease fires should off roaders venture into our impact area.

If we go to the Wet Weather, indoor location:
Get back onto the freeway heading south.
take the Lindon, 1600 North exit and turn right. Take the next right and you should pass under the freeway again. Turn left at the next light where you will enter a little industrial area. Turn right and left and right and left following the main road way through a maze... The AF Gun Range is the last building in that little maze and you wont see it until your at the very end of the road.

For those attending, SOUND OFF!
If the weather report is looking good - I'll need one person with a BBQ Grill... And One person with some Charcoal (Matchlight or a good brand that can light with little effort and not requiring a finger of God)
We can divide the goodies so we can all bring a little and have food to feed everyone. So sound off with what you can bring.

Meiji_man
September 11, 2000, 02:38 PM
I have a little grill but it's not big enough for a bunch of people. How about I bring the charcoal. As for lighting it, I got a trick I learned in the Marines. :)

(now where did I put that flamethrower?)

Weapon Inv.
Colt Series 80 1911
Berreta Tomcat
NAA mini .22
Ar-15
Ruger "Old Army" Cap 'n Ball

------------------
Go Ugly Early.

AD HOMINEM; Helping Morons argue since 1549!!!

[This message has been edited by Meiji_man (edited September 11, 2000).]

Correia
September 11, 2000, 03:52 PM
Correia reporting in Sir!

I will be bringing at least one friend for sure. Possibly up too three or four. TFLer R&H has much homework, so he can't come.

Gun inventory thats coming between me and my friends:

L1a1 FAL
Bushmaster Dissipator
Springfield 1911
Ruger p91
Browning Buckmark (2)
Ishipore .308
Busmaster shorty
SKS
Beretta Border Marshal
Taurus .357

And possibly

M1a Loaded model
Feg Hi-power
Beretta .22
Glock 19

If we are going to throw some clays I can bring some shotguns also!

Sorry no BBQ grill.

George, did you e-mail this to the other Utahns or should I?

George Hill
September 11, 2000, 06:30 PM
Larry - If you can do that for me - Great.

You seem to be the Secretary of Utah... :D (No - leaving all intern jokes aside! retching...)

One of our numbers have reported in unable to attend - and he had the target stands! Dang... We'll need some hammers, nails, 2X4s and some sheets of card board... :D

Correia
September 11, 2000, 10:25 PM
On the e-mail, consider it done.

Secretary of the Utah TFL chapter. Can I put that on my resume?

skyder
September 12, 2000, 04:53 PM
...and pinching his nose, the lurker leaped into the deep end.
Just registered after a couple of years or more lurking and learning.
And what might have caused such a change of course? All that fretting over getting a grill to cook on at the Saturday UT TFL shoot.
I plan to be there, complete with a firearm or two, maybe some ammo, and a gas grill. If I can rassle it into the truck. Probably be close to on time at the Wendy's rendezvous. (This is the lurker last seen at the Rangemasters shoot, by the way.)
Looking forward to seeing y'all again.

George Hill
September 12, 2000, 07:34 PM
Out Freakin Standing!
:D

We'll loiter at Wendy's for a few extra minutes...

Correia
September 13, 2000, 09:02 AM
How are we managing the food? Should we bring potluck kind of things? Buy meat?

George Hill
September 13, 2000, 09:36 AM
I think so.
The weather looks like it will be good.
Let me check - Yup.

Dang - I LOVE this DSL connection! :D

Meiji_man
September 13, 2000, 11:31 AM
Ok, I won't bring Charcoal if we have a gas grill. (Bummer really wanted to use the flame thower)

So how many are we looking at?

------------------
"Take your weapon with reluctance. Draw it with dread. Grieve for those who fall to your bullets. But make every shot count."
Robert Shea

George Hill
September 13, 2000, 11:56 AM
"Secretary of Utah?" Looking at Larry...

Correia
September 13, 2000, 12:01 PM
I sent the e-mail to everybody on the list but no replys.

On the last thread the Bryces and Seronac said that they would come. No response yet. I'll e-mail them again tonight. Also I need to call my friends and get a final count.

The Logan Contingent will have between 3-7 people depending. I will find out latter today or tomorrow for sure.

George, Meiji, are you still bringing friends?

Skyder, good to see you.

George Hill
September 13, 2000, 03:07 PM
trying...

Meiji_man
September 13, 2000, 03:27 PM
Might bring one probably not

------------------
"Take your weapon with reluctance. Draw it with dread. Grieve for those who fall to your bullets. But make every shot count."-Robert Shea

Caeca Invidia Es
September 13, 2000, 05:21 PM
I'm trying really really hard..... I should know if I can go soon. If I am able to go, there will be at least one with me.... possibly three depending on thier respective circumstances. I'll let everyone know before saturday. :cool:

------------------
"Freedom has always existed in a very percurious balance. And when buildings stop blowing up, people’s priorities tend to change..." Enemy of the State

George Hill
September 13, 2000, 06:14 PM
Caeca Invidia Es - If you show up I'll give you your Quake III CD.
Hmmm - I also have HEAVY METAL FAKK that I think you'll like... and one called "MARTIAN GOTHIC" that I think Tank Girl will like.

If you could do me a favor and snag my GLADIATOR and U571 disks from Dave... See if you can bring him too.

Caeca Invidia Es
September 14, 2000, 02:31 PM
Dave has a cowboy shoot on saturday that he is going too, and Joe has his kids so he can't make it either.

------------------
"Freedom has always existed in a very percurious balance. And when buildings stop blowing up, people’s priorities tend to change..." Enemy of the State

Meiji_man
September 14, 2000, 04:20 PM
Ok I got one (1) guest confirmed.

------------------
"Take your weapon with reluctance. Draw it with dread. Grieve for those who fall to your bullets. But make every shot count."-Robert Shea

Correia
September 14, 2000, 04:37 PM
Two of my probable guests just cancelled. :( Which means I now don't know if my wife will want to go with out another mother, that she knows, being there to trade kids off with.

Still me and at least one lurker from Logan however.

Should we make like potluck things to bring? Buy meat?

George Hill
September 14, 2000, 05:42 PM
Well - My wife is planning on coming - if she can score a baby sitter.

Meiji_man
September 15, 2000, 09:36 AM
Ok the story so far...

one extra person

ar-15 (5.56)
Colt Series 80 (.45 acp)
Beretta Tomcat (.32 acp)
Naa mini (.22 lr)

Misc .22 rifle?

I'm planning on 100 rounds of 5.56 and 50 apiece on the others.

I was bringing the charcoal, what should I bring now?

Loiter times going to be until 2 or 3, got a date with a hot Escrow Officer tomm. night.

I'll be the guy with the little black Mazda truck and bumper stickers in the window.

------------------

George Hill
September 15, 2000, 09:47 AM
I drive a Jawa Sand Crawler... Often mistaken for Jaba's Sail Barge. It looks just like an extended Chevy conversion van.
Used to be red and silver... now kinda Rust and Grey.

Bring a pair of .45s and just for fun - THE .22. Its a Remington 514 single shot that has been in the family before I was born. I learned shooting with it, and so has my oldest son, who will own it when he is a wee bit older.
After the shoot I am going to refinish the stock and reblue the steel. Maybe polish the trigger surfaces and the bolt...

George Hill
September 15, 2000, 09:52 AM
Food wise:
I'll bring an ice chest full of drinks...
Caffinated, and non Caff for any STRICT Mormons. ;) (like my wife)
I'll bring a couple chickens for the grill too.

What else will we need?
Some more meat, some crunchy finger foods, maybe some more iced drinks, some more meat...

Oh - I forgot!
There is ZERO SHADE out there.
You will want sunscreen, maybe a wide brim hat, and if anybody has one of those giant patio umbrellas or a canopy we could set up.
Anyone have lawn chairs or camping stools?

Meiji_man
September 15, 2000, 11:29 AM
And folding tables!
I got a couple of directors chairs.
(And George's wife can sew the costumes
and we can use my Dad's barn! And then we can make enough money to Save the Farm!!!!
Sorry Been watching too many movies.)
Coolers definately
I'm grabing a bag of buns, some hotdogs, ketchup, Chips, Dips, something non-alcholic to drink,
And my laptop and Digital camera. It'll let me take pictures and save it right to disk for people. We'll have to find a place we can post these pictures on for the rest of TFL.
Don't have a lead on Bino's though, anyone?

------------------

skyder
September 15, 2000, 12:23 PM
In addition to the many fine suggestions for baggage on this expedition, may I add one more? The area we will be in is dry. Verrrry dry. I am taking several 2-liter bottles chock full of water. Not to drink, that requires no imagination, but to help irrigate the wee plant life out there. "Bout a hundred or so yards out there.
Also bringing a sunshade and a couple of chairs.
I want to see your Rem 514, George. There's one of them in my past, too.
Looking forward to the event!

Caeca Invidia Es
September 15, 2000, 12:58 PM
I got some binocs I won about a month ago... been meaning to test them out :) I should be able to come, I'm still trying to find a working vehicle, will post more later when I find out for sure.

------------------

George Hill
September 15, 2000, 02:01 PM
And dont forget those movie CD's! - if Dave wont give them up... I'll hafta comeup there.

Folding tables... Yeah - I got a card table I can bring...

Caeca Invidia Es
September 15, 2000, 02:26 PM
Dave forgot to bring them to work..... he wants you to e-mail or call him though.

------------------

George Hill
September 15, 2000, 04:19 PM
Dave needs to come down and give that cowboy stuff a rest for a day. There are other things than THE WEST and things made after 1897 are not all that bad.

Mrs. Kodiac
September 15, 2000, 07:41 PM
I've come to bring order to your chaos -that's how gatherings are created. A simple check list as all you need. Everybody knows what guns and ammo and cool new binoculars everyone is bringing. Here's what you don't know, or are just assuming.
Bring your own meat and utensils.
Bring your own water (and other beverages if caffeine isn't enough for you). George is "doing the dew" and gaterade too.
Bring a potluck to share with at least 10 people (which is the current count).
Bring what desert gear you have (i.e. sunscreen, chairs, shade, etc.)extra to share if you can for those that don't.
I have one card table to put the food on, but we will need one more.
Targets - since we don't have stands anymore and I think I threw away George's Mtn.Dew collection...
Special thanks to Skyder for bringing the grill and congrat's on finally joining TFL. It took me this gathering to register as well. Can I claim a spot under your sunshade? It looks like it will be another hot day.
Correia - please encourage your wife to come. I'd love to meet her!
See you tommorrow 9:00am!
And so it was done.

Correia
September 15, 2000, 10:01 PM
Alas, my wife has decided that she just isn't comfortable taking the baby out to the desert just yet. So the Logan contingent is down to just me and a friend. Mrs. Kodiak, my wife appreciated the offer, and she looks forward to when our daughter is old enough to take, or leave with somebody for a whole day. :)

The Logan Contingent will bring the chips. Also we will bring backup plates and forks and such for those who forget.

I never received any response to my e-mail to the other Utahns. So I'm guessing that we are it.

See you guys in Lehi!

Seronac
September 16, 2000, 11:13 AM
Wish I could have made it, but I'm down with the gomboo (aka: a cold) and need my rest and the wife couldn't get off of work, so I'm playing 'Mr. Mom' today. Bummer. Sounds like a great time... Thanks for the invite, though.

We should plan another get together for 1Q 2001 - late winter / early spring - after the Holidays, hunts, etc.

George Hill
September 16, 2000, 04:08 PM
After Action report will follow in a seperate thread.

Seronac: You missed out, man...

------------------
You might laugh in the face of FEAR... but unless your armed, its a nervous, unconvincing, little laugh.