PDA

View Full Version : H&K P30 question

trespass
August 20, 2011, 08:56 AM
Due to age and injury I have a weakness in hands these days.
the grip on my little H&K P2000sk with the smallest insert
works well for me.

How does the P2000 grip compare in overal size and circumference,
trigger reach and pull with the new P30? Hard to find P30 in my part of
world to make any personal comparison.
\
thanks

Uncle Malice
August 20, 2011, 10:56 AM
I have owned both and I would say that the grips are comparable in size, although the P30 grip is far more ergonomic. It's impossible to explain how perfectly the P30 grip just seems to fit everyone's hand.

It disappoints me to no end that I really can't shoot HK's very accurately, because I like them a lot. The trigger on the P30 is also much improved over the P2000.

FYI: CDNN usually has the best prices I've found on HK's.

StrawDog
August 20, 2011, 02:33 PM
I've shot both & find the grips similar in circumference. The p30 grip is adjustable in selection of rear and side panels - probably the most versatile grip on the market. Design by the German Nill - Griffe; I can recommend the grips more than the gun. I like The HK guns a lot, but don't shoot them as well as some others. The trigger is hard to get used to. For less money an XDm is easier to shoot well, or just buy a Nill grip for one of your other guns.

Dobe
August 20, 2011, 05:57 PM
The P30 is a fantastic 9mm, but if you have weakness in you hands, you may wish to install LEM.

Bentonville
August 20, 2011, 06:12 PM
I was also going to suggest the light LEM. I haven't shot one myself but according to all reports, it's really great. I have the DA/SA. I don't have a problem with it in any way. It's been totally reliable after a couple thousand rounds and it has the best grip feel of any gun I have shot. I did have to break in the recoil spring with some Fiocchi which is a little "hotter" than Winchester or Federal from Walmart. Folks say it's because the gun is designed for NATO spec. ammo. It makes sense to me. After about 100 rounds, it has never missed a beat. It is easy to field strip and clean as well. I had the P2000 and sold it although it was really a great pistol. The P30 just feels better in my hand and I didn't need two HK 9mms ( my P7 doesn't count).

Micahweeks
August 20, 2011, 06:24 PM
I like both grips, but I give a slight edge to the P30. It is important to remember that the p30 is only a 3.8 inch barrel gun, so you have to do your part in the accuracy department. It's easier for me to shoot my G35 accurately, but I can do just as well with a p30 if I concentrate.

RC20
August 20, 2011, 06:55 PM
I have not handled the other HKs, but have the P30. I love that grip (due to economics I own a Sig Sp2022).

As stated, it fits a wide range of hands. Mine are bigger than my brothers and his choice in grips works just fine for me (feels perfect).

I like the decocker, better position than the Sig

It shoots very well

I don't think you can go wrong with it.