PDA

View Full Version : Sig Pro 2022 .40 or XD-40?

Will Beararms
August 11, 2011, 05:29 AM
Of the two, which one would you choose and why? Thanks for your input.

tbone1964
August 11, 2011, 07:47 AM
while both are exsceptional pieces, I can say from experience that the Xd 40 is a superior weapon to the SP2022> I had an sp2022 and had issues with it from the gate, and it was a brand new firearm, after 3 trips back to sig for issues ranging from FTE, FTF, FTRB, and eating up of the guide rod,(they eventually repalced it with a new firearm) I finally sold it off and got an XD 40 all I can say is WOW! ergos are great,(for me) and the gun is built like a tank. Recoil is minimal as compared to a 9mm. Lots of aftermarket support for them, and pretty accurate too. Now just so ya think I'M a sig basher I'M not I own several. P226,P228, P225, and a P6. Now this was serveral years back, and I would hope by now SiG got all the bugs worked out. The 9mm SP2022 have had none of these isses to my knowledge, it just seemed to inherent with the 40./357 models.

BarryLee
August 11, 2011, 01:22 PM
I had an XD-40 and never really warmed up to the gun, so I traded it in on a 1911. To be honest there was nothing mechanically wrong with it, but it just did not fit my hand right for some reason. It seemed to be kind of top heavy to me like the slide was too big or something. I also found the slide harder to rack than other guns and the magazine was harder to load than what I am accustomed to. Now, obviously my observations are subjective, so see if you can try both guns before your buy.

Will Beararms
August 11, 2011, 01:53 PM
I actually own both now. I am in constant search of the bargain. I think the 2022 internals are now up to par with the .40 and .357Sig calibers. The fit is good. The finish is not up there with a German counterpart. But hey, it's a $399.99 handgun. The XD-40 was bought used at a bargain as well. I was shot very little if all. The nimrod who had it did not understand the take down lever must be at 12:00 High during slide reassembly and the slide was scratched slightly.

The feel of the 2022 with the new textured grip is as good as I have ever felt but again these are bargain guns and I am just curious about the experience of others. The XD does not get me fired up one way or the other except that I think it is built like a brick outhouse.

Thanks for your input.

RC20
August 11, 2011, 02:36 PM
I go with the SP2022, have only handled the XDs.

I don't like how they feel and I do not like striker fired guns (I am not saying they are not fine guns, I like how the hammer fired function).

What I have found on the SP2022 is that is equal to the HK P30 as I have fired that one both alone and in direct comparison. I like some features on the P30 better (grip) and some on the SP2022 (trigger in SA mode).

The SP2022 grip does not feel as good as the P30, but it shoots as good.

Function has been flawless with 5 different types of ammunition and its accurate.

I was not after a pretty gun in hammer fired, just a good solid and reliable one, and the SP2022 has been that with zero issues.

irish52084
August 11, 2011, 03:12 PM
I voted for the XD, because I've had them and like them and because I don't really like DA/SA de-cocker pistols all that much. That said, I think the SIG offers excellent value if you like DA/SA de-cocker pistols.

jtb1967
August 15, 2011, 08:18 AM
I'm just the opposite of irish. I voted for the Sig because I prefer the DA/SA to striker fired guns. I've owned XD's and the 2022, both are fine guns.

RC20
August 17, 2011, 11:27 AM
I failed to add that the Sig is also an outstanding value.

I don't follow XD so not up to their cost. I do know the HK P30 was in the $800 range, Sig was Sub $400, and its equal to the P30 (not feature to feature, but Sig wins on the trigger, not as good on the feel).

Value wise the Sig is a steal.

Seems like most of the XDs I have seen were in the $550-$650 range.

jibberjabber
August 17, 2011, 12:01 PM
I chose the 2022. Reasons: more comfortable in my hand, prefer hammer over striker and decocker over safety. I also prefer it aesthetically.

insaneranger
August 20, 2011, 10:06 PM
That's a tough one, because both are great pistols. I would lean more toward an exposed hammer of the SA/DA SIG, but would want to try them out before shelling out the dough.

RC20
August 21, 2011, 02:49 PM
I handled the XD, didn't do anything for me as far as a wow factor (this feels really good in the hand or it seems to point really good).

Didn't care for striker fired anyway, so went with the Sig. For the price and the DA/SA I figured I could adjust.

Didn't have to do any adjusting, it works very well.

I am still getting used to the de-cock lever location. HK I like better, but not even close to the point of paying that much for one (HK P30 also has a wonderful grip but same situation).

Close enough feel wise to my Star PD that its ok, and works like a DA/SA revolver (not that they use that term but it is technically correct, or by definition the Sig should just be a DA Semi Auto as if you have DA in a hammer, then you have SA - it all gets a bit strange with the current terminology!)