PDA

View Full Version : Charles Daly Marine Shotgun

cmdc
August 3, 2011, 12:48 PM
I just picked up a used one for $225.00 and am wondering how they are rated. It is made in Turkey, and looks like new. Has a rear adjustable sight.

Goatwhiskers
August 3, 2011, 05:42 PM
I can only give you my opinion of those I have seen in my shop. I wouldn't give you two bits for a pickup full of Charles Daly guns made in Turkey. Apparently the Turks have a problem with metallurgy judging by the broken parts I have seen. I even had two autos in that neither could be made to cycle. Further the company that imported the guns has shut down, e-gunparts has bought all the parts that they had, and many parts are simply not available. I really hate to sound like a smartazz, but buy American and keep the jobs and service here. Goatwhiskers the Elder

cmdc
August 4, 2011, 10:50 AM
Goatwhiskers, I appreciate your loyalty to American workers, but I must say that I have lots of firearms from manufacturers all over the world, and I have had more problems, had to send more firearms back to Smith & Wesson, Marlin and Ruger than all of the firearms from Germany, The Czech Republic, Turkey, Austria, Russia, Italy and Brazil combined.