PDA

View Full Version : My new (used) Ruger .22

FNSCARH762
August 3, 2011, 07:00 AM
Had this passed down to me from my Father In Law. Put about 40 rounds through it and it shoots great.

Smaug
August 3, 2011, 10:50 AM
Nice-looking gun. Is it a Mk. II or Mk. III?

My first gun was a used Mk. II Target. I still have it and have shot many thousands of rounds through it. It has been reliable and accurate, even with bulk ammo.

Don't chicken out on the field stripping it to clean it either. Don't be afraid to tap the muzzle (being careful not to hit the front sight) with a mallet to get it apart the first few times. After that, it loosens up and is not a problem. Then, you can clean the barrel from the breech and thoroughly clean up the innards after they're filthy from shooting the bulk ammo. ;) Follow the instructions to use gravity to help you get the gun apart, and you'll be a happy camper.

Be sure to post some targets soon!

Pahoo
August 3, 2011, 01:05 PM
Looks like a MK-III to me and they are all great shooters. This one will give you many years of enjoyment and service .... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Spats McGee
August 3, 2011, 01:12 PM
Nice! As Smaug said, be sure to post some targets soon!

daliff89
August 3, 2011, 01:50 PM
i have a friend that's going to let me shoot his Mark III in a competition in the next few weeks, on my way to pick it up right now

postmaster
August 3, 2011, 05:02 PM
I had one of these a few years ago with a scope. IT WAS A TACK DRIVER!! Great gun wish I had kept mine.:(

KyJim
August 3, 2011, 05:11 PM
Nice looking. The Ruger Targer Models are tack drivers for sure.

Pilot
August 4, 2011, 07:23 AM
Bew-Ti-Full!!!

G*d forbid, don't take it apart!!! Oh, the horror! :D

Read the manual and you'll be fine. ;)

FNSCARH762
August 7, 2011, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the replys, it is a great weapon. My boys have really enjoyed shooting it (mostly water fillied bottles). I don't have a manual for it but I'm sure that I can find one easy enough.

Pahoo
August 7, 2011, 10:01 AM
I don't have a manual for it but I'm sure that I can find one easy enough. Yes, you can download one at the Ruger site or phone them and have them mail one to you. You might be surprised jsut how fast they will send you one. Their website is very helpful. ... ;)

Enjoy and;
Be Safe !!!