PDA

View Full Version : Tasco scope

rocketattack
August 2, 2011, 12:04 PM
I have got a Tasco scope that I bought in 1995. I do not remember where I bought it or what model it is. It has the orange anti-glare lens, it is a 3x9 and that's all I know about it. It looks like the newer ProngHorn edition. My problem is the crosshairs have broken somehow. Is it possible to get this fixed or is it junk.

Rifleman1776
August 2, 2011, 01:08 PM
Have you called customer service?

Clifford L. Hughes
August 2, 2011, 03:52 PM
Rocketattack:

Unless the scope is under warranty, it's not worth repair. When I was selling guns Tasco scopes had an iffy reputation. Weaver now makes good scopes.

Sempmer Fi.

Gunnery sergeant
Clifford L. Hughes
USMC Retired

Pahoo
August 2, 2011, 03:56 PM
Not trying to step on your toes but in reality, it may not be worth repairing. However, it is worth your effort to try and get it fixed. ... ;)
Recently had a simular experience and the short of it is that they would not repair it, simply replaced it with current equal. Turned out to be a slightly better scope. .... :)

Be Safe !!!

rocketattack
August 3, 2011, 07:42 AM
Thanks for your help. I'll call Tasco and see what they say. If they say they can't fix it then I will throw it out. If they can fix it then I'll send it back for repair.

Doyle
August 3, 2011, 08:58 AM
Tasco scopes have a reputation for poor quality (at best). Cut your losses and get a scope that you can trust.

oneoldsap
August 3, 2011, 12:14 PM
I must have gotten a weird one ! I have a 1.75-5X20 world class that has given me great service on several different Rifles for 25 years !

retiredUSMC
August 14, 2011, 11:01 AM
The older world class tasco's are VERY well made scopes, as are the Euro class (which I believe is the one you have with the orange coated lens that is actually called the ruby coating). I have several of the older world class scopes in a few dif configurations and they do have a lifetime warranty. However, if you send it back for a warranty you likely will not get the same scope back. They will replace it with a new model of equal value. I have only had to send one world class tasco back and they were able to repair it. The orig world class scopes and Euro class scopes were made by Nikko sterling in Japan if I remember correctly and have very good optics, to bad they started haveing all thier products made in china as it really hurt thier reputation.

603Country
August 14, 2011, 12:12 PM
I had a 6X24 Tasco on my varmint gun for years. I guess that was back in the 80's. It held the POI real well, had clear optics and really was decent for shooting paper in daylight, and it was Ok for varmints, but it wasn't what you'd call a bright scope. It wasn't much good in dim light, which is why I finally replaced it. But, I think I only paid somewhere around $100 to buy it new, so I got my money's worth.