PDA

View Full Version : Found a CZ 537 in the bargain rack...

zombieslayer
July 27, 2011, 04:37 PM
I already own plenty of rifles. In various calibers. What I dont have is a proper sporting rifle. I have semiautos and surplus stuff. But no nice bolt action.
So I'm at my lgs browsing while a friend bought a Makarov and in the bargain rifle rack sat a pretty clean CZ 537 in 30-06. Price was marked $299 but im a good customer and can get it at least that price out the door, maybe less. Should I go for it?
The bore is good. Nice and shiny. Anything model-specific to look for on it? Im very temptted, I already have rifles in .308, so if it were in that caliber I would have grabbed it. But I still think I may want it. I like that it has good iron sights and I love CZ's.
So what do yall think?

pabuckslayer08
July 27, 2011, 04:45 PM
Heck for 299 buy it let alone if the price may change. Is it new in the bargain bin or used. Either way, if it checks out buy it. You will like the 30-06 better anyway. I do anyway, it has alot more options

zombieslayer
July 27, 2011, 06:07 PM
No its definitely used.

bailey bud
July 27, 2011, 06:24 PM
I just checked gunbroker, and there's no 537s out there, right now.
(Plenty of 527s)

Since you say "definately used" - sounds like there's evidence of prior enjoyment.

I'd likely mumble/grumble for awhile --- stuff like "scratched -- no comparables.. --- already have this cartridge....." Eventually, the dealer drops the price 30 bucks or so - and I walk out a new gun owner.

zombieslayer
July 28, 2011, 10:04 AM
Yeah I can't seem to find much on the 537.

bailey bud
July 28, 2011, 01:34 PM
I can see the 537 was made in the early 90s. They only made them for a couple of years, though.

One strange thing, though - I don't see any record of it being made in .30-06 cartridge.

The original list price ($1000 and up) - would suggest it was a decent firearm.

zombieslayer
July 28, 2011, 01:36 PM
I guess I'm gonna go ahead and buy it. I could do a lot worse. Just was wondering if they were known to have any problems.