PDA

View Full Version : Kool Aid? Gosh, I hope it tastes as good as it feels!

guitars and guns
July 6, 2011, 11:24 PM
So...I went to the LGS after seeing an XD9SC that I really wanted. Problem was, they wanted more than new price on a used pistol and I let them know. I also took the Kahr I've been having issues with in as a trade. The guy tells me that they cannot work with me on the XD9SC because somebody apparently paid too much for it on trade in, profit margin yadda yadda yadda.....

So I continue looking and see the G27 sitting there with the used pistols. Looks brand new. I show interest and he lets me handle it. :eek: This feels so right!!! Then, I put the extended grip mag in and that's it, I have to have this.

He feels bad that he could not work with me on the XD so cuts me a stellar deal that I cannot refuse on the G27 with my Kahr CW9 trade in. Turns out, after inspection and questions, the G27 is ONLY being sold used because it has been transferred to someone's name. No wear at ALL. This gun has NEVER even been fired!!!! I jumped. I even bought a Galco suede IWB holster for it. Very easy to conceal and, overall, a pretty comfortable gun to conceal at that.

I was initially looking to get a 9mm but 9+1 .40sw will work just fine for me. This thing feels so nice in my hands. I cannot wait to get this girl to the range and make some noise! I'm very excited and I have not even shot it yet. Am I crazy? Maybe.

Sorry for crappy photos dated wrong lol!
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w2/WTF72/IMAG0077-1.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w2/WTF72/IMAG0081.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w2/WTF72/IMAG0082.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w2/WTF72/IMAG0083.jpg

IanS
July 6, 2011, 11:54 PM
Congrats on a great pistol and a great deal. Forget all the "noise" that surround these pistols (positive and negative) and I hope you'll appreciate it for what it is. I'm sure it'll become a trusted companion as my G26 is for me.

Oh, and try detail stripping it. I think you'll be happy to see how easy it wil be to detail clean and fix any problems yourself. Happy and safe shooting.

Don Glock
July 7, 2011, 12:02 AM
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab104/champop1911/glock_darkside.jpg

guitars and guns
July 7, 2011, 12:18 AM
Don,

If I could get you to stop bringing up the P250 atf/dea trials, we may become good friends. :D

Don Glock
July 7, 2011, 12:32 AM
you still have that p250? i was thinking you sold it to fund the glock :D

guitars and guns
July 7, 2011, 12:41 AM
I may be down for a little Kahr bash but the P250 has been nothing but strong.

Night stand shot!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w2/WTF72/IMAG0085.jpg

guitars and guns
July 7, 2011, 08:30 AM
so how is the recoil on this thing? It seems to have a good weight to it that balances out nicely with the mag loaded.

ksblazer
July 7, 2011, 08:59 AM
Congrats on the new Glock addition. I have a G26 on lay away. After seeing picks of your G27 it makes me want to pay it off today, (as it's payday) but I need to wait until my next payday. c'mon July 21st!!

Let us know how it performs at the range too:D

overkill0084
July 7, 2011, 09:09 AM
The guy tells me that they cannot work with me on the XD9SC because somebody apparently paid too much for it on trade in, profit margin yadda yadda yadda.....

That has to be one of the dumber things I've heard from a gun salesperson. That's pretty much the same line of bull the used car salesman floats when you have the nerve to ask for fair market price on both the car you're buying and your trade in. The shop is going to need to find a sucker or they are going to have to take it in the chops and price it correctly. Assuming of course, that there is any kind of truth in the explanation.

Hope you enjoy your new gun.

guitars and guns
July 7, 2011, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I told him good luck getting someone to pay over $500 for a used XD9SC.

I think I will be happier with the G27, honestly. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. ;)

Sgt.Fathead
July 7, 2011, 11:30 AM
Everyone should own or at least extensively fire one of Gaston's creations at some point in their shooting life. For many, it's a love that stays. For others, we move to other semi-autos that are more suited to our grip or some-such, like me and my M&Ps.

But give respect and credit where it is due; if they work well for YOU, these are accurate pistols that are durable and eat damn near anything they are fed. This is also the origins of every lightweight 'plastic' framed pistol there is.

ET.
July 7, 2011, 12:01 PM
I've been carrying a Glock 27 concealed for 2 years now. You made a fine investment. I use the same Pearce mag extension that you have on your mag. I carry my 27 with an oem mag plate because I like to keep it as stealth as possible. I carry the extended mag as my backup mag. When I place my 27 in the nightstand I swap out the mags so that I have the longer mag in the gun at home.

You now need to go buy a 40-9 conversion barrel at Storm Lake, Lone Wolf or KKM along with a few G26 mags. I shoot 9mm at the range out of my 27 for the cost benefits. I also like the idea of having choices in ammo if we have another shortage. I also bought a 357sig barrel for it. It uses the 27 mags with no problems. I carry the G27 as a 357sig in the winter time for the added penetration needed to get through heavy winter & leather coats. Both barrels have been 100% reliable. I have several thousand rounds through the 9mm barrel without a single failure to fire, feed or eject. That is better than alot of oem barrels in guns that are on the market. Congrats again on purchasing a fine gun.

guitars and guns
July 7, 2011, 12:08 PM
I am gonna get a Pearce extension for the other mag as well. It feels so much better without my pinky dangling, plus I don't find it any harder to conceal with it on there.

I am dying to get to the range though. :(

amd6547
July 7, 2011, 12:23 PM
Forget more extensions...get some G23 mags.
I carry my G26 with a ten rd mag with pearce extension, with a G19 15rd mag for reload. I have picked up a used G26 mag that came with a plus two extension for 12rds total that shows promise, but I have not fired the pistol with it.
I find my G26 to be easy to carry IWB in a kydex holster...and it is a blast to shoot at the range.