PDA

View Full Version : I need your feedback!

Norman Mays Eastwood
July 2, 2011, 07:30 PM
I'm seriously thinking about purchasing a new (Springfield Miltec 45) this coming week. I'm tired of waiting for the (Ruger SR 1911). Do many of you have any experience with the Springfield Miltec 45? I'll be buying the stainless model. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Springfield XDM 9, Ruger SR 9, Ruger SR 9C, Ruger LCP, Kahr PM9, Taurus 380,Taurus Mil.9mm, Beretta Tomcat 32.

TylerD45ACP
July 2, 2011, 08:22 PM
I had experience with a Springfield GI 45 which is just a lower end milspec. Honestly I wouldnt get the Ruger I dont think they are good 1911's. I would 110% not even think twice Grab the Milspec Stainless, wont wear alot and will be reliable. Lowered ejection port for reliablilty it is a really nice gun. I loved my GI 45 but Got a S&W 1911 with stock Customized features eventually. I have done alot of changing. Get the Milspec and let me know how many holes are touching.

Chesster
July 2, 2011, 10:21 PM
I have had good luck with a GI and Loaded from SA.

TylerD45ACP
July 2, 2011, 10:27 PM
Go with the Mil-Spec once you have a 1911 45 you will never look back. It is satisfying watching those big holes touch eachother in dif spots after shooting.

orionengnr
July 2, 2011, 10:31 PM
Wife had a GI. By far the worst trigger of any 1911 I (we) have owned (about 25 total).
Grips looked as if they were carved by apes. Fit/finish/attention to detail was so-so at best.

It was a functional 1911, but not an impressive one. She ended up selling it.

I am on my dealer's waiting list for a Ruger SR1911. I expect it to be a better 1911 than the Springfield.

TylerD45ACP
July 2, 2011, 10:40 PM
The SR 1911 is going to be terrible. Ruger makes horrible Semi autos and always will. The SA Milspec will be a much nicer gun and its a TUNER if he wants to he can get cheap parts and make it an exceptional firearm.

Eghad
July 2, 2011, 10:46 PM
I don't know what Ruger terrible semi autos you own. I have owned the Ruger .22. I own a Ruger LCP, LC9 and SR9C. I also own a SA GI model. Those Ruger Semi Autos are as good as any of the other brands I own Browning, Glock, XD, XDM, Beretta, SA Custom and a SA National Match 1911, FN..ect. I have been buying Ruger products since 1978.

NVBigEd
July 3, 2011, 12:25 AM
I've had my Ruger SR1911 for about 6 weeks now, and after @750 trouble free rounds the Ruger shoots accurately, the trigger has settled in and smoothed nicely.... All in I'm very pleased with my SR1911.

I honestly can't understand someone that doesn't own, or at least have handled and shot, the Ruger slamming it online.

If you don't want one... Don't buy one. Jeez....

Smaug
July 3, 2011, 12:35 AM
Eghad: I think he might be trolling.

I haven't had or shot any terrible Ruger autos either.

I owned a P90 for 12 years. I own a Mk. II now for 14 years. I've shot a few others, none of which were terrible. The P90, I would describe as "good" and the Mk. II as "outstanding." My buddy's P95 was also good.

lcpiper
July 3, 2011, 12:52 AM
Wife had a GI. By far the worst trigger of any 1911 I (we) have owned (about 25 total).
Grips looked as if they were carved by apes. Fit/finish/attention to detail was so-so at best.

You do know that the Springfield G.I. is supposed to be essentially a recreation of the original miltary M1911A1 pistols used during WW2 and afterwards don't you? They were never beatiful or smooth, in fact they were rough until they got worn in good, then they just got worn in more. But they functioned, they functioned in bad weather, they did what they were meant to do, and what soldiers for decades trusted them to do. They killed what you shot and they lasted forever.

NVBigEd
July 3, 2011, 12:58 AM
To get a 100% American sourced and assembled all steel 1911 with the amount of ... well, semi-custom features for $650 AND have it feed and fire any type ammo I've fed it is a great deal in my book! I sure have got much less for much more....