PDA

View Full Version : G27 vs. G26

40caljustice
June 23, 2011, 08:06 PM
I was catching up on some YouTube vids today and saw a Hickok video from about a week ago. He was comparing the g27 and the g26. I have the g27 and have to admit I don't shoot it as well as my 23 or XDm 40. As I watch Hickok I get more and more determined to shoot the 27 more. I'm wondering though is it possible. Haha. I shoot fairly well with my gun but not as well as he does. Is Hickok from another planet? :D. Do any you you guys shoot as well as he does and what are some tips to help me get better with my little one?

ice monkey
June 23, 2011, 08:50 PM
Man this isn’t meant to be a smart @$$ comment, but the best way to get good with anything is to use it! A lot! Have you seen how many rounds he puts down range just reviewing a pistol?

BeachHead
June 23, 2011, 09:11 PM
Hickok is merely a man... a man with his own outdoor range right in his backyard. He could go shooting every day and only have to foot the ammo bill. That's a sweet life.

I did the paperwork on a G27 the other day after trying out the range rental. At 7 yards I was decent. But I know it'll take a lot of time and work to get good with it. Good luck with yours!

FALshootist
June 23, 2011, 10:16 PM
I've got both and prefer the 27. The 26 is a great gun especially in rapid fire, but I prefer the 40 and don't find it a problem to control. I'm not an expert but I've been shooting a long time and can shoot most any hangun I pick up reasonably well (if it fits my hand and I can get a good sight picture I can always shoot it really well).

The more you shoot it the better you'll get. Too many people think its their equipment and always have to change and then cry about cost etc. If they just spent the money and time to practice most would be competent with any mordern self defense handgun they already own.

40caljustice
June 23, 2011, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys. I know more practice equals better performance. I've put about 1500 rounds through it. Ill need about 50,000 more to get to where he is at. I can generally hit exactly where I aim but not as fast as most guys. I never really thought about how much he shoots. I think from now on I'm just going to pack the little one when going to the range. After all it is my EDC.

ice monkey
June 23, 2011, 10:26 PM
I think from now on I'm just going to pack the little one when going to the range. After all it is my EDC.

Good call :)

Don Glock
June 23, 2011, 11:28 PM
As I watch Hickok I get more and more determined to shoot the 27 more.

hickok's long distance shots with his g27 can be accomplished with any quality pistol.

40caljustice
June 23, 2011, 11:44 PM
hickok's long distance shots with his g27 can be accomplished with any quality pistol.

Very true. I've done it also. Not near as consistent as he but I also don't have the time on trigger or the readily available range. Oh but one day. ;) Is it common for folks to shoot as well as he does? Most guys I shoot with are like me and I'm better then most. I just haven't really ever seen another shooter shoot as fast as accurate. It might be a dumb question but I was curious. Thanks.

Usertag
June 24, 2011, 12:13 AM
He has good aim, but it is just practice. If you watch him alot you will learn he has entered shooting competitions for years. I find it amazing that he can shoot the 27. I mean the glock 26 has the same size specs. But a bit smaller Caliber.

40caljustice
June 24, 2011, 12:30 AM
Me too man. The 22 or 23 is easier to follow up. (IMO) The 27 is a bit harder to handle. I shoot my 23 very well and right dang quick. The 27 is alot different. He seems to handle everything from glock to keltec in .380 to 10mm exactly the same. Kinda cool to watch. Gives young guys like me goals. ;)