PDA

View Full Version : Quick range report of my 92 Compact from Bud's

Nakanokalronin
June 9, 2011, 05:46 PM
I shot a total of 300rds of ball and 100 hp rounds. Ball ammo shot was: WWB 115gr, Federal 115gr. and Wolf 115gr. Hollow point ammo shot was: Federal HST 124gr. +P, Gold Dot 124gr. +P, Gold Dot 147gr. and 124gr. PDX-1 +P.

All ammo was 100% flawless in all magazines used. Magazines consisted of the Beretta 13rd compact type, Beretta 92 15rd. type. Beretta 92 17rd type and one MecGar 20rd type.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/271/92compact.jpg

Below is a picture of the first 13rds with the first shot being DA at 15 yards.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8800/92combattarget.jpg

I could only feel a slight difference in recoil when compared to a full size 92. I shot some mags quickly and some with a loose grip to simulate limp wristing, no problems. The barrel was so hot at one point I could easily cook a 5 course meal on it. I'm very pleased with the Beretta 92 Compact and quite honestly feel its smaller than it looks if you own a full size 92. If I lay them on their sides next to each other the compact is indeed slimmer. Since its shorter both front to back and top to bottom I could see this being a CCW weapon for those that want more than a sub-compact.

gunluver
June 9, 2011, 06:30 PM
Nice report and pics. Good looking gun. I love my 92, may have to add a compact at some point.

Thanks for the info

NickW
June 9, 2011, 07:14 PM
Typical utterly reliable Beretta 92, yep going to have to get a compact to add to the big brother. If they could just do something about that first DA press…..

Thanks for the report,

BerettaBuckeye
June 9, 2011, 07:34 PM
Typical utterly reliable Beretta 92

There ya go

If they could just do something about that first DA press

Have you swapped to a "D" spring yet?

xdshooter
June 9, 2011, 08:16 PM
Great pics and range report there, naka. I was issued a 92F while I was in Iraq and I loved it. Might have to look into getting one eventually. :D

bigghoss
June 9, 2011, 08:17 PM
the LGS had a 92G (de-cock only) and I wanted that gun but the price was too steep for a used berreta IMO.

Nakanokalronin
June 10, 2011, 01:36 AM
bigghoss: I defiantly like the decock only models. My 92 Elite (1 not 2) is decock only as is my PX4sc since I swapped out the levers for the stealth type. If you don't mind me asking, how much where they asking?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The compact 92 hasn't been imported into the country in 10 years so if your thinking of getting one, I'd do it sooner than later just in case.

The best way I can compare the compact to a fullsize 92 is like a G19/G17 type of comparison.

I'm sorry I didn't get into Berettas years ago after I rented a 92FS. It was used, abused and dirty, but 100% reliable. Beretta is now the Yang to my 1911 Yang. I actually traded in my G19 towards this and I'm so glad I did. My last 2 poly guns are now a G26 in OD and XD45 Tactical and since one is no longer being mad and the other is my HD gun I'll probably keep them.

Anyone considering a 92 and have never shot one, find one for rent and you might be surprised.