PDA

View Full Version : Nevada To Honor Arizona?

Gary Slider
May 11, 2011, 04:42 PM
I have two people so far telling me and have seen an email from what appears to be a government agency to a person saying Nevada will start honoring an Arizona Permit/License to Carry come July 1, 2011. This surprises me as Nevada dumped FL and UT and the only states they honor today do not issue Non Resident permit/licenses or have a very narrow Non Resident Issue Policy. That lead me to believe they wanted to shut out anyone who was not from the listed states. AZ does Issue Non Resident permits and they can be obtained by mail. It looks like it is so but until NV Posts that info on their official website it is not official. I would think an official announcement would be made in the near future.

CowTowner
May 11, 2011, 08:52 PM
Texas was also recently dropped by Nevada. If memory serves, it was due to Texas extending the length of time a renewal was good for. It is now 5 years which makes it longer than Nevada.
If I'm just flat wrong, someone please correct me.

Gary Slider
May 11, 2011, 10:32 PM
To the best of my knowledge TX and NV never have honored each other.

CowTowner
May 12, 2011, 05:56 AM
According to Texas DPS, Texas honors Nevada.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/reciprocity.htm

However, I was mistaken that Nevada had ever honored Texas. At least not since March 24, 2005.

Gary Slider
May 12, 2011, 07:50 AM
You are correct. TX Does Honor NV. I misworded my reply. I meant to say that NV has never honored TX. Texas has Unilaterally honored NV since 2009. Texas Governor has done that for numerous states. They even did it for Hawaii.

Don P
May 12, 2011, 08:24 AM
They even did it for Hawaii.

Why Hawaii is on the list is beyond me. The restrictions in Hawaii are that each county chief of police gets the final say as to who gets a permit and this from handgun laws web site,

Note: You need to read all of the Hawaii code on firearms before trying to take firearms into Hawaii.
From the Hawaii Reporter (Newspaper) 2/17/06
In the last 15 years, no law abiding citizen applying for a permit to carry a concealed firearm in Honolulu has been granted one -- not one domestic violence victim, not one person whose life was in danger, not one person working where they may be robbed at gunpoint. And the police chief has no plans to change that under Hawaii’s current law, which says the police department’s highest officer "may issue" a concealed carry permit should he choose to do so.
That’s according to Honolulu Police Department Captain Raymond Ancheta, who testified at the Senate Intergovernmental Affairs Committee hearing Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2006, in opposition to SB 2531, which changes Hawaii’s law to read "shall issue" and become the nation’s 39th state to allow concealed carry of a firearm. (Note: The law did not pass.)
Hawaii has an issue law on the books but no one knows of any permits issued. From what I can find out PI’s may be able to carry and the local police who issue such permits may be able to put any restrictions on them they wish.

EOD Guy
May 12, 2011, 09:30 AM
Texas was also recently dropped by Nevada. If memory serves, it was due to Texas extending the length of time a renewal was good for. It is now 5 years which makes it longer than Nevada.
If I'm just flat wrong, someone please correct me.

Nevada permits are issued for 5 years.

CowTowner
May 12, 2011, 05:53 PM
I stand corrected. Thank you!

Gary Slider
June 9, 2011, 11:04 PM
Fox News Reno is reporting NV will add KY and AZ on 7/1/11
Article at http://www.foxreno.com/11at11/28184812/detail.html