PDA

View Full Version : 15-22LR or AR-15 (custom or off shelf)?

goracer
May 11, 2011, 02:11 PM
OK, so I like the S&W MOE & MPG camo' 15-22's. They run about $450+ which is not bad (not sure about Mossberg reliability). I saw a Colt AR on sale for about $750. Then I figure i'm going to end up replacing parts, so I might as well look in to a custom build. I couldn't figure out how to price a custom build other then using ar15builder which is semi custom and still double the Colt price. I went to the local rifle store and was in awe with the two tone La-rue but couldn't justify $2k. I don't need a tactical rifle except for a zombie attack but I like the looks and feel. Also, not being in the US free state and living in communist ca I don't want a holiday in Guantanamo bay because the lower jammed and shot two bullets in a row (someone doing time for that already).
I prefer Spike Tactical for the lower but the bio alone is $600 and I run the risk of using a evil part with no get out of jail card.

15-22 MOE
Custom Spike build
Fully built La-rue

Volucris
May 11, 2011, 09:53 PM
Spike's lowers have two penises fighting each other.

You will never forget this.
http://i.imgur.com/o1SXn.jpg

Jim243
May 11, 2011, 10:06 PM
I know I am going to catch hell for this, but I would move out of California before it slips into the Ocean, Navada the new sea side property. And everyone should have the right to own a black evel gun, or two or three or four for that matter.

Good luck, but I am serious about moving, Japan was just a warning.

Jim