PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Treat

David Scott
October 16, 2000, 12:13 PM
We're coming up on a holiday, Halloween, when it is customary to open your door to strangers wearing masks. Why does this sound counterintuitive (fancy word meaning stupid) from a tactical standpoint? What measures will you take?

WETSU
October 16, 2000, 12:19 PM
After tossing flashbangs onto the porch, I will burst out the front door and pepper spray the little goblins, while my wife knocks each once down from behind and flex cuffs them. The dog will growl and bark the whole time. After a thorough search of their bag's contents we will confiscate any "good" candy like mini snickers, etc, and issue a receipt for said items, sending them on their way. Wait for the next group to arrive.

LASur5r
October 16, 2000, 12:23 PM
We've been doing this for years ever since teenagers have been arriving in our neighborhood for years in busses. Especially the teenagers that are adult sizes and either do not wear a costume or wear a costume where they have a weapon in hand.
Our security door is locked and usually my wife responds to the door bell or the sounds of little guys saying, "Trick or Treat." If she sees a suspicious person, she alerts me and if she handles the distribution of goodies she knows that if something goes down that she is to drop to the floor and I will try my best to draw and react to the situation. When she first alerts me, I stand to her left and three feet back.
There have been times that we refuse to open the security door and tell the "big" kids that we have run out of candy.
Other times, I handle the distribution of candy...hold the bucket with my left, right on gun butt..and tell the "big"kids, no more than three candies.

Have a safe and sane Halloween... :D: :D:

ctdonath
October 17, 2000, 08:44 AM
We've been doing this for years

Flash bangs, pepper spray and flex cuffs?

WETSU
October 17, 2000, 10:11 AM
Hey! I was kidding. It is too bad though when I see these big teenage kids, with no costumes, no enthusiasm with their hands stuck out-like "hey, give me another hand out dude." Now the cute little vampires, power rangers, pumkins, ballarinas etc are great. My mom still lives in our old hood, and I don't like her to open the door to these big lugs with masks. Same comment from me, "mom, on what other night would you open your door to some guys with masks on?"

Just another nifty tradition screwed up.

LASur5r
October 17, 2000, 04:03 PM
Wetsu,
In comparison, though....the mall trick or treating tradition should strike terror into the hearts of responsible parents.
Especially, the dreaded mom's with stroller attacks....one hit to the back of your legs should render an able bodied person helpless. Talk about your terrorist attacks.

ctdonath,
Remember, this is soCal with our Hollyweird groups...flexcuffs and flashbangs...that's not even getting into the kinky stuff.

Seriously guys...with some of the terrorist mall mom's...ya think a pelvic shot would stop them? Just a thought.

WETSU
October 18, 2000, 09:44 AM
LAsur, I don't think a pelvic shot would work on the terrorist mall moms. First many of the TMM's I've seen have rather large pelvic areas, so it would be difficult to determine where the actual bone structure is. I bet their husbands wouldn't even be able to tell you. Second, some TMM's have been seen cruising the malls with these huge SUV type double stack strollers in front of them. They usually are titaium lined, with Kevlar or Arramid inserts. Pretty tough target. A head shot would do, but might just do superficial damage, passing harmlessly through the target. Your best bet would be to yell something to the fact that Oprah is at the bookstore signing books or something and create a mass diversion.