PDA

View Full Version : finally got my glock 35!

CLC
April 20, 2011, 03:58 PM
Just got back from picking up my glock 35 that I've been searching for and can't wait to get it out. I took me a month to find one and my lgs had to order out of state. The really cool thing is the gentleman I have been dealing with is sponsoring me so I can join another club and try my hand at idpa. Got stuck in traffic for over an hour on my way back but smiled ear to ear the whole way :D

ET.
April 20, 2011, 06:57 PM
I'm jealous. I've wanted a 35 for a year now, but I waited for a time when I had the funds. I should have bought the darn gun then worried about paying for it. I hope you enjoy yours, but I can't be too happy for you when I am sitting here without one! :mad:

threegun
April 20, 2011, 07:28 PM
Great gun mine was wonderful. Sold it only because I changed from the 40S&W.

CLC
April 21, 2011, 02:01 AM
Thanks
I got to run only 30 rounds through it and im impressed. All I see online is everyone complaining about the trigger an I can say it feels nice to me (made me kinda paranoid from what others have said). Im going to put the cz 40b down and work with my new baby :D

NightSleeper
April 21, 2011, 10:11 AM
yeah the 35 is a beauty. I upgraded from the G22 a couple of years ago. I was (and still am) amazed at the comfort and accuracy of it compared to the G22. Definitely worth the price.

threegun
April 21, 2011, 10:50 AM
CLC, Put the twenty five cent trigger job on it. Look for it on you tube. It smooths things up a bit. Maybe drop in a Ghost rocket connector. It has an over travel stop. Needs to be fitted though. This can be done by you with ease.

Call Nick at north texas glock works for parts and details if interested.

April 21, 2011, 12:21 PM
I've had my G35 for over 15 years and wouldn't trade it for anything. I did pick up a Bar Sto 9mm conversion barrel, so I can shoot the cheaper 9mm stuff for practice. Grab some G17 magazines and you've now got G34 as well. BTW, a reduced power striker spring will do wonders for your trigger job. Some folks worry about light strikes, but I've never experienced any with the 40SW or the 9mms.

CLC
April 21, 2011, 12:47 PM
The first thing I think im going to do is get a 357 sig barrel and a match 40 s&w barrel. So with a 9 mm conversion its not important to have a 9 mm slide as well? I thought with g 35 slide it might not be as reliable. Also are ports on a barrel really worth it? Thanks for all th good tips.

April 21, 2011, 01:43 PM
A 9mm "conversion" barrel will have the same outer dimensions as the Glock 40SW barrel. That's the secret. Some folks have tried using Glock 9mm barrels, but that creates problems and you have to change out the extractor and ejector, etc. to make it reliable. However, a Glock .357 Sig barrel will swap in with no problems - in a Glock 22. You will need a .357 Sig barrel that is the same length as the G35 barrel.

I went with Bar Sto, instead of one of the cheaper conversion barrels because of their quality work with match barrels. They used to offer a free fitting of one of their match barrels if you send them your G35 slide.

CLC
April 22, 2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah I was thinking about getting a 1911 but couldn't get past the fact that the glock can be converted so easily. Its really what sold me an I don't regret my choice. Id also like to build a g 24 :rolleyes:

April 22, 2011, 03:16 PM
Some time ago, I picked up a G24C upper that I occasionally use for steel plate matches. I put an adjustable sight set on it and it really cleans those plates off quickly.

"I'm a Glockaholic. Stop me before I Glock again."

It's from a T-shirt my son bought me after my third Glock.:D

CLC
April 22, 2011, 05:40 PM
Haha I like that. I feel a bit immature but my girl friend got me a "suck my glock shirt" and sweatshirt. I never liked glock at all but after some informative info im a true believer haha. Shoot im almost a fanboy :D but cz is still close to my heart. Really though I just love the versatility.