PDA

View Full Version : Walther PPK/S Question

Vanguard.45
April 15, 2011, 08:44 PM
Hello, all!

I recently purchased an as-new Interarms PPK/S in .32 acp. I have put 100 rounds through her and she runs flawlesly!

Now to my question:

I realize the PPK/S has many sharp edges that have been discussed previously. One of the issues discussed at length previously was also the serrated face of the trigger on the older Interarms guns (see the pics attached of my new "pistola"). Back in the day, many people would send their PPKs to a smith to have the trigger face smoothed which makes the gun more pleasant to shoot and also allows a bit of finger slide during the heavy double action pull (the serrated face, while good on target guns and not too uncomfortable in single action mode, tends to dig into the trigger finger in double action mode). Now, however, the newer Smith and Wesson PPK/S has a smooth faced trigger from the factory. I was wondering if it is possible to just replace the older trigger with the newer one thereby having a smooth faced trigger in one easy step???

I am not sure, but from the exploded views I've seen of the PPK/S it doesn't look as if the trigger itself is directly contacting the sear. Thus, I am hoping the trigger could just be taken out and replaced without affecting the sear or its relationship to the parts with which it interacts.

Anyone with any insight???

Thanks in advance!

Vanguard.45

James K
April 15, 2011, 09:03 PM
The parts were made from the same drawings, but all I can say about interchangeability without some fitting is a definite maybe. The trigger on a PP/PPK does not contact the sear. The trigger bar provides the connection between them, but a new trigger may still require some fitting.

Jim

trespass
April 16, 2011, 09:30 AM
Pachmayr makes a good little grip that will remove the issue of the sharp heel and backstrap of the pistol...and Cylinder and Slide offers a really nice
rounding and tuning service for this pistol, but be prepared to wait for months and months for them to get to it!
I think the ppk and ppk/s are
excellent little pistols with a bit of tuning, polishing feedramp, and fitting to your personal preferences will make a fine sidearm, a keeper...the kind of thing you can pass along to your son...and for those who think it too weak might check out brass fetcher ballistic gel tests on the 380...
10 plus inch penetration and 40 plus expansion is not bad at all..I carry gold dot in mine, but a 71 magtech JHP with a dollop of superglue in the cavity
would be a good choice also.

Vanguard.45
April 16, 2011, 11:20 AM
I agree that there may need to be some fitting with a new trigger.

Also, I agree the people at Walther could probably teach knifemakers how to have a sharper edge considering the edges on the PPK/S. I don't so much mind the edges other than the trigger face.

Also, I got my PPK/S in .32 ACP vs .380 simply because I think it fits the platform better. The .32 was the original caliber the PP Series was designed around and the .32s seem to be a bit more reliable and a bit less harsh to fire.

Very nice weapon even though the caliber is not considered an apex manstopper!

Vanguard.45

trespass
April 16, 2011, 12:49 PM
yes, think trigger can be changed without upsetting things much.
but, even this may require some fitting. and first firing after
do the old safety thing and load only 2 rounds the first couple of times, although is not likely to upset the sear no harm in being cautious.