PDA

View Full Version : New SIG Sauer P226 E2 9mm joins the family! (PICS!)

Tactical Jackalope
April 14, 2011, 10:11 AM
Well everyone, the day finally came...Got my SIG P226 E2

I cannot wait to take this beauty out to the range with me! The first 9mm I buy..The high-power I have was a gift/trade from my old man and it's somewhat of a safe queen. So this is my first 9mm...after doing ammo research..this .45 or .40 caliber nut opened his mind to 9mm a little better. Here is my gun. Enjoy! I sure as hell will.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/manassa283/P4130028-1.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/manassa283/P4130029.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/manassa283/P4130031.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/manassa283/P4130032.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/manassa283/P4130033.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/manassa283/P4130030.jpg

golfnutrlv
April 14, 2011, 10:14 AM
Nice...I love my Sig P226, exactly like yours. Seriously good shooter.

Enjoy!!

Amin Parker
April 14, 2011, 10:15 AM
Congratulations brother. It certainly will serve you very well for many many years.

That is one fine pistol.

Amin Parker
April 14, 2011, 10:16 AM
Congratulations brother. It certainly will serve you very well for many many years.

That is one fine pistola.

Roland Thunder
April 14, 2011, 10:28 AM
I would be curious to find out how you like shooting it versus a .40 S&W since I notice you have one. I've been thinking of getting a .40 Sig 226 since I already have a 9mm (Ruger SR9). I don't think there is a .40 version of the 226 E2........yet

Tactical Jackalope
April 14, 2011, 10:37 AM
Thank you guys, very much :) appreciate it.

I would be curious to find out how you like shooting it versus a .40 S&W since I notice you have one. I've been thinking of getting a .40 Sig 226 since I already have a 9mm (Ruger SR9). I don't think there is a .40 version of the 226 E2........yet

Yeah, I'm curious myself...I turned onto a 9mm because of the even more so accuracy at the range with one chambered in 9mm and a Glock 34 that I also had the chance to shoot at the range. That also really turned me to 9mm...The high-power is mainly a safe queen, and last time I took it out..grouping wasn't near as good as the other guns that I have mastered (the ones I own) I'm spoiled with lighter triggers than that. lol

I know there is a .40 S&W version of course and a .357 SIG

But in the E2 I don't think so? Could be...Google it? lol I also heard that they stopped making the E2 versions of the SIG

Tactical Jackalope
April 14, 2011, 12:33 PM
Alright. I just took it apart and cleaned it.

Quick question. Is the extractor on the frame supposed to feel a little loose by any chance? Mine does. But when I shake it with the frame alone it has no play. Just when I pinch it between my fingers and give it a little shake. About a fraction of a millimeter of it moves back and forth.

Hope I painted a good picture for you all. Any information would be great. Maybe take yours apart and check?

WDE2010NC
April 14, 2011, 12:40 PM
Congrats! I just took the new Sig 1911 out yesterday, and it was perfect. As far as the extractor goes, the only movement it has is the outward springy motion. It doesn't wiggle or move in any other direction. Enjoy. :cool:

Tactical Jackalope
April 14, 2011, 01:04 PM
Congrats on the 1911 ;)

Yeah? Just forward spring type movement? I gotta check it out when I get back home. Work from 3-11:30 tonight. Finally off tomorrow after 8 days straight -___- well I will check it out. And post a pic if anything. Hope it just normal. I really do.

Anyways. Amazing gun cannot wait to break it in!

WDE2010NC
April 14, 2011, 01:57 PM
The only movement at all, is if I push IN real hard right here...
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n523/tigerwalktailgate/IMG_3220-4.jpg

It pops OUT a little right here...
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n523/tigerwalktailgate/IMG_3220-3.jpg

You can feel the springyness of it. It is real firm, and doesn't wiggle any other way. Hope this helps. :)

WDE2010NC
April 14, 2011, 02:01 PM
Well, now that I look back at yours, it is completely different. Oops...I guess that won't help any at all. :o

dgludwig
April 14, 2011, 02:48 PM
Constantine, I have the exact same pistol as you do (226 E2, 9mm). I checked the extractor on mine and couldn't get it to budge, even a little bit. But before you spend any time worrying about "excessive" play (any slight movement might well be within the "specs"-heck, maybe mine is supposed to be a little loose), I'd shoot the pistol first to determine its reliability. If the extractor extracts, I wouldn't give the matter a second thought.

Genepix
April 14, 2011, 08:17 PM
I second the above post.......Mine has been flawless, and I haven't checked play for the first time.....

LockedBreech
April 14, 2011, 08:24 PM
Very good-looking gun, and one to be proud of!

kylen
April 14, 2011, 08:31 PM
Okay I don't hate you ... but I am now jealous. Lol. You got it way before I get mine. Lol. Congrats bro!

Tactical Jackalope
April 15, 2011, 12:07 AM
Okay I don't hate you ... but I am now jealous. Lol. You got it way before I get mine. Lol. Congrats bro!

LOL yeah! Happens, no worries man ;) you will soon enough. Then we'll shoot them you're next visit down here!

Constantine, I have the exact same pistol as you do (226 E2, 9mm). I checked the extractor on mine and couldn't get it to budge, even a little bit. But before you spend any time worrying about "excessive" play (any slight movement might well be within the "specs"-heck, maybe mine is supposed to be a little loose), I'd shoot the pistol first to determine its reliability. If the extractor extracts, I wouldn't give the matter a second thought.

Really? :confused: but if yours couldn't budge and mine does...and yours works, and I've never shot mine yet..then it has to be something wrong. :( I'll ask my gunsmith about it tomorrow I guess. Thanks for chiming in, I really appreciate it a lot.

WDE2010NC...Yea! I was like.....uuuuuuh? lol

I second the above post.......Mine has been flawless, and I haven't checked play for the first time.....

Really? So I should just take it out the range and see how it does? I'm off tomorrow..Finally...after 8 days straight -___- one day off. Yay...lol I'll ask my gunsmith tomorrow ;) maybe be can tell me whats up with it...Hope it just needs tightening or something.

Very good-looking gun, and one to be proud of!

Why thank you kind sir :)

Shadi Khalil
April 15, 2011, 06:05 AM
Very nice. Congrats sir.

Spats McGee
April 15, 2011, 08:30 AM
That, sir, is one very nice-looking pistol. I've always liked the lines of Sigs. I hope she shoots just as nice as she looks.

One question, though. How did the case get so beat up? It looks like it spent some time with the Samsonite Gorilla (for those of you old enough to remember those commercials).

dgludwig
April 15, 2011, 11:33 AM
One question, though. How did the case get so beat up?

My guess is it only looks beat up due to the lighting at the time of exposure. Or not. :confused: :)

Constaintine, let us know how the shooting went and as to what your gunsmith had to say about the loose extractor issue.

mukibetser
April 15, 2011, 11:38 AM
Funny, I bought a P226 E2 in November and the case looked exactly the same -- all scratched up and dirty. Gun is great -- accurate and reliable so far. Only complaint is that the black finish on the outside of the barrel is wearing away after 400 rounds. I've heard that Sigs have these problems and rust problems as well.

NJgunowner
April 15, 2011, 11:57 AM
Don't know where you get the rust thing. Mine sat unused for about a year after I messed up my shoulders. I finally went shooting again last week and stripped it to make sure it was lubricated and there isn't a spec of rust on it.

Maybe if you leave it out on the porch in florida in the middle of the summer for a few weeks it might rust :p

Tactical Jackalope
April 15, 2011, 02:15 PM
One question, though. How did the case get so beat up? It looks like it spent some time with the Samsonite Gorilla (for those of you old enough to remember those commercials).

Gun shows man, lol gun shows. That's explains the case! ;)

And guess I'm too young for that!

My guess is it only looks beat up due to the lighting at the time of exposure. Or not.

Constaintine, let us know how the shooting went and as to what your gunsmith had to say about the loose extractor issue.

It's slightly beat up...Guns shows..the lighting didn't help much either.

Won't be able to shoot it for a while. Dry on ammo :(

As for the extractor..my buddy handed me a few of his...first he said I called the thing that ejects the brass the wrong thing..Guess I did....It's right behind/next to the slide release when you take down the gun. That little piece. So when I took it apart off of his other few guns..it was the exact same way. Had some play. The 226 in .40 had even more play. Guess that's just the way it is.

Also I called SIG USA, and the man took one down over the phone. Same thing also. Range report..hopefully sooner than I think. :cool:

Funny, I bought a P226 E2 in November and the case looked exactly the same -- all scratched up and dirty. Gun is great -- accurate and reliable so far. Only complaint is that the black finish on the outside of the barrel is wearing away after 400 rounds. I've heard that Sigs have these problems and rust problems as well.

Congrats, and nice coincidence. Also...I don't like the rest of your comment. lol

Don't know where you get the rust thing. Mine sat unused for about a year after I messed up my shoulders. I finally went shooting again last week and stripped it to make sure it was lubricated and there isn't a spec of rust on it.

Maybe if you leave it out on the porch in florida in the middle of the summer for a few weeks it might rust

However, I like your rebutted comment to the previous one. Don't know about no rust on a SIG. Or any gun that's taken care of for that matter...Even some that are neglected.

Amen to the Florida comment. Living breathing proof right here of the damn humidity.

ANYONE HAVE PICS?!?!!

BarryLee
April 15, 2011, 02:32 PM
I’m looking forward to your range report.

Currently trying to decide between a 226 and a 229 in 9mm. I am curious how you like the E2 grips compared to the older style? When I tried the new grips in the gun shop they felt weird at first, but I am sure I could get use to them.

Spats McGee
April 15, 2011, 02:44 PM
Also looking forward to the range report.

(The Samsonite Gorilla was in commercials for Samsonite luggage back in the 1970. Someone would throw the luggage into the gorilla's cage, and the gorilla would then proceed to beat the snot out of the suitcase.)

WDE2010NC
April 15, 2011, 02:53 PM
Great analogy, Spats...LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-e96m4730

Tactical Jackalope
April 16, 2011, 10:46 AM
Wait a darn second now.....

Isn't this SIG all metal?

Spats McGee
April 16, 2011, 11:41 AM
Great analogy, Spats...LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-e96m4730
I've always thought of Samsonite when I thought about that commercial, but I guess it was really American Tourister. Ha!

Tactical Jackalope
April 16, 2011, 12:14 PM
Didn't even catch that...I prefer Samsonite anyways. lol again though, gun shows....Poor gun box. Imagine if it was the gorilla :(

So the frame of the SIG is an alloy correct? I'm guessing aluminum?

dgludwig
April 16, 2011, 12:46 PM
So the frame of the SIG is an alloy correct? I'm guessing aluminum?

Most SIGs have alloy frames. A few (usually designated "ST") have s/s frames and a couple (including the model 2022 and the Mosquito) have polymer frames.

WDE2010NC
April 16, 2011, 05:11 PM
Spats....I think American Tourister is just a specific Samsonite model.

Spats McGee
April 16, 2011, 05:49 PM
According to Wiipedia (for what that's worth), Samsonite eventually acquired American Tourister (which was a company), but not until about 20 years after that commercial aired.

Lateck
April 17, 2011, 02:12 PM
Nice new family member.
The P226 is a great gun that will last a few life times.
Congratulations.;)

Lateck,

Amin Parker
April 17, 2011, 03:25 PM
Constantine,

When am i getting my range report bro?

Go to the range and fire 5 rounds on your way from work and let us know.

Do it do it do it do it.

Glockeroo
April 17, 2011, 04:00 PM
Nice pics. Nice weapon!!

Genepix
April 17, 2011, 04:09 PM
I had a P226 for years, and it was a great shooter. When I first picked up the new E2 version, I bought it immediately. I knew I would never shoot the old one again, so I sold it. I have average size hands, and feel the new grip size works better for me. But that's a personal choice...I've put about 300 rounds through it, including a few different hp's, with 100% success. Love the new gun.

Spats McGee
April 17, 2011, 05:28 PM
Still waiting for a range report . . . ;)

SauerJackson
April 17, 2011, 07:03 PM
Very nice buddy!

I have two 226s, and I love em dearly. Most accurate semi auto handguns I've seen, hustled many a friends by shooting beer cans at 100 yds, my .357SIG vs. whatever they like :D

kylen
April 17, 2011, 08:00 PM
If u want a range report so bad ... take him some bullets.

chadstrickland
April 17, 2011, 08:23 PM
Really nice pistol man...that thing looks sweet....and who cares about the case lol...if it was a perfect world mine would never see the inside of my cases...to bad ammo dnt grown on trees

Tactical Jackalope
April 18, 2011, 12:54 AM
Amin Parker Constantine,

When am i getting my range report bro?

Go to the range and fire 5 rounds on your way from work and let us know.

Do it do it do it do it.

What's up brother?!?! I need ammo soooo bad! I'm broke like a joke right now! I want to give a range report so bad already! I want to break it in and start carrying it. Too anxious!:D

Lateck Nice new family member.
The P226 is a great gun that will last a few life times.
Congratulations.

Lateck,

Thank you kind sir! Appreciate that. He's getting along with the other buddies in the safe for now till I can afford some rounds :o

Glockeroo Nice pics. Nice weapon!!
Thank you! May she always treat me as I treat her...which is amazing. Like all my guns. Spoiled little brats. :P

Genepix I had a P226 for years, and it was a great shooter. When I first picked up the new E2 version, I bought it immediately. I knew I would never shoot the old one again, so I sold it. I have average size hands, and feel the new grip size works better for me. But that's a personal choice...I've put about 300 rounds through it, including a few different hp's, with 100% success. Love the new gun.

Really?! lol NICE same thing happened to me, picked it up and it was sold ;) I'd like an older P226 too. I have huge hands anyways . But they wrap around the E2 like a glove anyways!

Spats McGee Still waiting for a range report . . .

I know, I know! I'm waiting to get paid again, this week..Thursday morning direct deposit is in! And I'm off Thursday and Friday..so is the g/f -__- lol fml. Gonna hopefully call up my buddy, buy ammo, hit that range!!! Post it here when I get back before I clean my guns!

SauerJackson Very nice buddy!

I have two 226s, and I love em dearly. Most accurate semi auto handguns I've seen, hustled many a friends by shooting beer cans at 100 yds, my .357SIG vs. whatever they like

Damn that's some good shooting!!! Congrats on that! Thank you very much also, cannot wait to get that cocky feeling with this gun also.

kylen If u want a range report so bad ... take him some bullets.

LMFAO!!!! YES!!! AMEN! Thank you! Let em know man! lol how've you been?! Progress yet? I'm telling you...layaway :D

chadstrickland Really nice pistol man...that thing looks sweet....and who cares about the case lol...if it was a perfect world mine would never see the inside of my cases...to bad ammo dnt grown on trees

Yeah, +1 not worried about that case at all. Thank you very much for the input. I wish ammo grew on trees....so much that I think I wish that more than money growing on trees...!

Spats McGee
April 18, 2011, 12:42 PM
Still waiting for a range report . . .I know, I know! I'm waiting to get paid again, this week..Thursday morning direct deposit is in! And I'm off Thursday and Friday..so is the g/f -__- lol fml. Gonna hopefully call up my buddy, buy ammo, hit that range!!! Post it here when I get back before I clean my guns!
S'alright. I'm just yanking your chain. ;) I figure that my anticipation for the range report is NOTHING compared to your anticipation for shooting that pistol. She's quite a looker and I hope she shoots as good as she looks. :cool:

Tactical Jackalope
April 18, 2011, 12:55 PM
Oh man. You and me both lol. Cannot wait. Piled up 150 rounds. Need at least 150 more. I usually break my new guns in with 500rds :X

Amin Parker
April 18, 2011, 01:07 PM
Enjoy it bro, you gonna have so much fun.

May all your rounds hit the bullseye and may all your brass end up in a neat pile next to you.

Make sure you fire the first shot double action please.

dgludwig
April 18, 2011, 01:58 PM
Make sure you fire the first shot double action please.

But if you want bragging size groups, you can always cock the hammer for that first shot...:cool: I mean, after all, you're just testing things out on the pistol's maiden voyage. :)

Amin Parker
April 18, 2011, 02:32 PM
It will be kinda memorable to go with the first round in double action dont u think?

Load mag, chamber round, drop hammer, slowly ease that great Sig trigger back and Boom, it catches you by suprise when it breaks. Nice big boom and nice bullseye. Memorable.

Tactical Jackalope
April 21, 2011, 09:49 AM
It will be kinda memorable to go with the first round in double action dont u think?

Load mag, chamber round, drop hammer, slowly ease that great Sig trigger back and Boom, it catches you by suprise when it breaks. Nice big boom and nice bullseye. Memorable.

AMEN brother! lol Will do, actually going today. Got 250 rounds of 9mm FMJ's and the range opens at 1pm :) can't wait!

I'm taking my camera :P

Tactical Jackalope
April 21, 2011, 10:03 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/manassa283/P4200037.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/manassa283/P4200035-1.jpg

Spats McGee
April 21, 2011, 10:20 AM
Uh-oh! I spy bullets!

Have fun, man. :D

Tactical Jackalope
April 21, 2011, 10:22 AM
Thank you! You know I will ;)

Tactical Jackalope
April 21, 2011, 03:54 PM
Well....they do not allow cameras on that range -____- but I snuck up with my phone snapped these and sent them to the girl and she emailed them to me and here they are :D

This is 50 rounds.....Double action and Single action...AMAZINGLY accurate right out of the box. Ran 250 rounds through it and not one issue at all :) So accurate so amazing, I am in love with it. Cut out all the black shortly after the pictures were taken. Crisp trigger, both SA/DA great sights...I did a few (that I'm not supposed to at that Nazi range) double taps and what not. 9mm has great follow up shots!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/manassa283/Photo003.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/manassa283/Photo004.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/manassa283/Photo005.jpg

dgludwig
April 21, 2011, 05:49 PM
Nice shooting with a nice pistol, Constantine. And to think your SIG is made in America! :D

SauerJackson
April 21, 2011, 07:21 PM
They didn't even want you doing quick follow up shots, what the hell man?!? And I thought the ranges around here sucked.....

Anyway, nicely done!

MidwestRookie
April 21, 2011, 07:26 PM
good shootin, glad you enjoyed it.

a 226/maybe 229 and a browning high power are the only 2 9mm guns left that I would, and hope to eventually, buy..

Spats McGee
April 21, 2011, 08:37 PM
good shootin, glad you enjoyed it.
^^^^^^This.^^^^^^
:D

Tactical Jackalope
April 21, 2011, 11:03 PM
Thank you guys very much!!! :) Appreciate it...Amazing gun, I love it...Been carrying it on me all day. Saw my first sign in Miami with "No illegal firearms" ok...Mine is legal. Then next to it, another sign with rules and such. Last billet was "No weapons of any kind" Contradiction much?

lol Anyways, SIG is great...I'm sold :D Took accurate for it's own good.

The range is called "Trail Glades" I mainly go there with the old man, or to break in guns..be calm and what not. They're extremely strict. However, there are SOME...ranges here that are amazing. Rapid fire, draw and shoot etc.

bitttorrrent
April 21, 2011, 11:06 PM
great pics. of your new gun.

i was this close to ordering one - it will have to be my next purchase. love how they look and feel.

have fun with it.

kylen
April 22, 2011, 09:00 AM
Very nice! I am very happy for you! Some call that jealousy. Lol. Glad u finally got to shoot her.

Tactical Jackalope
April 22, 2011, 10:06 AM
Very nice! I am very happy for you! Some call that jealousy. Lol. Glad u finally got to shoot her.

Yeah...Just waiting on you man. ;) btw the add...I checked and never saw it either way. Don't really ever go on it anyways bro.

Roland Thunder
April 22, 2011, 02:26 PM
Well everyone, the day finally came...Got my SIG P226 E2

Well, Constatine, I got really envious reading your posts about your new P226. So, what did I do....what any gun fanatic would do, I went out and bought my own 226 E2. Just got back from the gun shop with it.

I couldn't help myself
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/2003/sig226e2.jpg

dgludwig
April 22, 2011, 04:22 PM
Well, Constatine, I got really envious reading your posts about your new P226. So, what did I do....what any gun fanatic would do, I went out and bought my own 226 E2.

:eek: That's all it took? Reading posts about cool guns? I fancy myself as a gun loony too but if I went out and bought every cool gun I saw on TFL I'd be broke and single again. :D

Seriously, you guys enjoy your 226 E2s. They're great pistols and fit my largish sized hands perfectly. I bought mine almost a year ago (I first saw one on a TFL forum and I just had to have one)...:o

Roland Thunder
April 22, 2011, 05:23 PM
That's all it took? Reading posts about cool guns? I fancy myself as a gun loony too but if I went out and bought every cool gun I saw on TFL I'd be broke and single again.

Actually, I had shot the 226 about 3 or 4 months ago and liked it then. I just didn't want to spend the extra money for it at the time. I ended up buying another gun. I wished I had gotten what I wanted in the first place, so I went to the shop today and traded the gun I bought earlier for it.

Microgunner
April 22, 2011, 05:36 PM
The P226 is a world class pistol. Congratulations Constantine.

Tactical Jackalope
April 22, 2011, 05:38 PM
Well, Constatine, I got really envious reading your posts about your new P226. So, what did I do....what any gun fanatic would do, I went out and bought my own 226 E2. Just got back from the gun shop with it.

I couldn't help myself

NICE!!!! :D that's awesome man! I think I did the exact same thing, that's actually what I did too. Just in person. lol you topped me!

Congrats man! Wait till you shoot it ;) Please K.I.T.

Tactical Jackalope
April 22, 2011, 08:07 PM
The P226 is a world class pistol. Congratulations Constantine.

Thank you so much kind sir! Appreciate it. And I agree with you. Amazing gun. I wish I had done this sooner. But I may not have the collection I do right now lol

Jack Bauer
April 22, 2011, 08:34 PM
Very nice gun. I just got a P229 E2, and the same shop also has a P226 E2...if I didn't have a P239 coming next week, I'd probably go grab up the 226, too. Enjoy your pistol, sir...

Tactical Jackalope
April 22, 2011, 09:27 PM
Very nice gun. I just got a P229 E2, and the same shop also has a P226 E2...if I didn't have a P239 coming next week, I'd probably go grab up the 226, too. Enjoy your pistol, sir...

Wow....lol congrats and thank you too. But you must have a lot of money saved up or an awesome income. :D

Jack Bauer
April 23, 2011, 11:41 AM
Nope...sadly, nothing saved up for more Sigs, and a far-from-awesome income; I lucked onto the 229 E2, as I've wanted one since I heard about them; the 239 is coming from a Sigforum member who had commented that he might sell, I indicated a desire to buy, and we came to a common ground. So...for now it's just the 229 and 239 (in addition to my 220 Carry DAK that I picked up awhile ago :p)