PDA

View Full Version : Taurus 911ss 9mm

TennJed
April 10, 2011, 10:37 PM
Wondering what peoples opinions on the Taurus 911 Stainless 9mm? Good, bad?

predecessor
April 10, 2011, 11:17 PM
I think it is a good value. I own a 938 which is the .380 version and it has been flawless, accurate, and easy to take down. For the $300 I paid for it brand new it has been a good value. Check out taurusarmed.net for other opinions from Taurus owners.

Mosin44az
April 11, 2011, 01:44 AM
Should be a comfortable gun to shoot, easier to carry than the PT 92 but maybe without its rep for quality. I like the safety-decocker system on these.

I'm not too sure about your Ben Franklin quote: I don't think the second sentence is his.....

TennJed
April 11, 2011, 02:19 AM
I'm not too sure about your Ben Franklin quote: I don't think the second sentence is his.....

Google search seems to credit it to him

Mosin44az
April 11, 2011, 11:47 PM
Uh, I looked too, last night, there is serious doubt as to whether ANY of the quote is his. The second sentence in particular sounds like a very recent invention.

mordis
April 12, 2011, 07:06 AM
To the op. I owned the .45 acp version of that gun as one of my first guns, the pt945. The gun itself worked fine, and was a joy to shoot, when the magazines worked. Every few rounds id fire from the gun, the base plate would fall off and all the rounds come spilling out of the gun. Now this was going on 8 years ago so it may not be a problem now. I sold the gun becuase i could not get any new magazines anywere. I didnt have a computer then, nor did i know about online sights were you can purchase them.

Looking back, i miss that gun. When it worked it was awesome. Accurate and reliable. Out side the magazine issues, id have to say a lack of aftermarket acsessorys will be a pain. One day, if i get some extra scratch i may consider it again.

tynimiller
April 12, 2011, 09:24 AM
The 911 is 1 of the 2 guns I'm going to buy next (Bersa 380cc). I own a PT92 and love it, but want something a little smaller and more manageable...in step the 911! Just on the look out for a good deal on one, people say suspect things about Taurus but when it comes to their all metal lines (no poly) their cred is immensely better and I have no hesitations about picking one up!

schmidty
April 12, 2011, 09:50 AM
What does a Taurus 911ss 9mm go for? Is it cheaper that a glock 19 9mm?

tynimiller
April 13, 2011, 07:04 AM
911's I've seen are anywhere from $250-500 depends on used/new and where you're at.

Anyone else on the 911's?