PDA

View Full Version : XD 40 S&W sub compact

retav8r
April 6, 2011, 09:52 PM
Whoa! It seems all springs on my new (haven't shot it yet) XD sub compact are very stout. Not only are the slide springs very stout but so are the magazine springs. The supplied mag loader is not any help. Anyone got suggestions on an easy/acceptable way to load the magazines?

Uncle Malice
April 6, 2011, 10:43 PM
work out more often? :p

In all seriousness, that's not terribly uncommon. New springs are usually pretty stiff. I recommend the Uplula magazine loader. But the Springfield supplied one can be used. Load the magazine with the base sitting on a flat surface and push it down.

Get to the range and after a couple hundred rounds, it should be a little more tolerable.

glockcompact
April 6, 2011, 10:48 PM
Also I might recommend staying away from light recoil ammo or light rounds for the first few hundred or so. It might not be a problem but it could be.

BarryLee
April 6, 2011, 10:52 PM
Yes, noticed the same thing when I purchased one of these. I suppose it has to do with handling the recoil with the shorter slide, but I am just guessing.

retav8r
April 6, 2011, 11:04 PM
Thanks guys for your input. And Uncle Malice, I do get to the 5 times a week, maybe I should do more "finger exercises". I was worried that it was just my xd that had these characteristics. I will try the Uplula loader and I hope the springs will loosen in time.