PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Used XD9

Shipman515
April 3, 2011, 12:50 PM
Just picked up a sub compact XD9 (used-new to me).

Finally got it out to the range yesterday and the first 3 mags went flawlessly, on the fourth, I put the mag in, racked the slide, pulled the trigger....Nothing.

I noticed the firing pin indicator was not showing. Removed the mag, cleared the action and racked the slide 8-10 times unloaded, but to no avail. I put it away, moved onto my LCP (also new) and shot a few mags through it.

Moved back to the XD9, put a loaded mag in, tried again. Nothing. Removed the mag, racked the slide a few more times and finally, the firing pin indicator revealed itself. Fired 2-3 mags more through it and called it a day.

Has anyone come across this problem? Obviously, I can't yet rely on the XD9 if I had this problem.

Kodyo
April 3, 2011, 01:12 PM
Obviously, I can't yet rely on the XD9 if I had this problem.

I disagree. The fact is that the gun was used and you don't necessarily know how it was taken care of or if it had a preexisting problem.
I suggest taking it to a gunsmith. After which you could expect pretty much 100% reliability.

Shipman515
April 3, 2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah I meant I can't currently rely on the gun until I address this problem. ;)

rwilson452
April 3, 2011, 02:22 PM
I would venture to guess the channel for the striker is full of crud.

Uncle Malice
April 3, 2011, 02:23 PM
Don't take it to a gunsmith. Call Springfield Armory.

They will pay shipping both ways and fix your gun for free. You have nothing to worry about, just give them a call. :)

Yung.gunr
April 3, 2011, 03:26 PM
I called them when I had a rust issue on my slide and they had me ship it to them, they refinished and shipped it back to me. ALL on Sprinfield's dime. Great CS, give them a chance to correct the issue and prove their CS excellence.

Coltman 77
April 3, 2011, 04:18 PM
Don't take it to a gunsmith. Call Springfield Armory.

They will pay shipping both ways and fix your gun for free. You have nothing to worry about, just give them a call.

Great advice. :)

Before you do this, however, you might take it back to your gunshop and exchange it for another pistol or let their smith check it out first.

My LGS, has a 30 day warranty over and above the manufacturer's which is pretty nice.

Good luck.

BerettaBuckeye
April 3, 2011, 04:32 PM
I would venture to guess the channel for the striker is full of crud.

I would guess this as well. Blast it out with a can of brake clean, re-lube what needs lubed and try again. If that fails just call SA. As many have already said, they are great at taking care of issues

Cornhusker77
April 4, 2011, 02:28 PM
I picked up a used XD-9 a couple weeks ago.
It failed to extract once or twice in every mag.
I cleaned it really good, tried it again and it still had the same problem.
I called Customer Service to buy a new extractor and she told me it had to be fitted and to just send it in.
I asked what it would cost, and she said not a thing.
They sent me a label and they have it now.
I'll let you know how it works when it comes back :)

Polynikes
April 4, 2011, 03:29 PM
I took my new XD9sc to the range for the first time yesterday and it ate through 100 rounds of WWB and then had some Hornady JHP for dessert. Zero failures of any kind, so I don't think it's a reliability issue you're having. This is my first Springfield and I love the gun and hearing everyone brag about their customer service does my little heart even more good.