PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 9000s 40 S&W

JlazyH47
March 31, 2011, 03:50 PM
I'm not really a Beretta kind of guy (1911s) but I do have 2 Berettas I like alot. One is the Beretta PX4 Storm in 9mm, and the other is the Beretta 9000s in 40 S&W. Almost every fourm you read about the 9000s it seems like there is no one that likes it. I have run several hundred rounds threw mine and have never had a problem with it. Granted it is a gun you really need to spend some time at the range with to get used too, but it is a nice little gun with a big punch. I just wanted to see if anyone here has one and by chance are happy with it:confused: I like and trust mine enough that I use it for my CCW every day carry gun.:) What say you?:rolleyes:

dpetreikis
March 31, 2011, 05:33 PM
I had one in 40 cal a few years ago. Sold it (along with all my other guns) when I ran into some rough times. Replaced it with a 9mm version last year. Yes, I've noticed that they often get lukewarm reviews at best, but I've had no problems with either that I've owned. I don't shoot them as accurately as I do some of my other pistols, but that's likely because my 9000 doesn't see a lot of range time. Both of mine have been flawless, though and I really like the little flip-down finger rest extension on the magazine - a good solution to the whole pinkie rest vs flat base plate argument. Overall a nice size, though a little thick for concealed carry compared to some other compact guns.

JlazyH47
March 31, 2011, 06:16 PM
I like my 40 that's for sure. I wish I could find one of those flip down mags for mine. When I traded for it it didn't come with one.:(

BOBA FETT
March 31, 2011, 06:22 PM
i had one in 40.. i needed money and sold it to a friend,i liked it though and had no problems with it...

dalv
March 31, 2011, 11:45 PM
Also had one and traded it - one of the very few guns I got rid of. It was a fine gun, shot well and never had a problem with it. My complaint was the grip. I found it very fat and uncomfortable to shoot and carry.

Traded on a PM9 which has been great (hear a lot of complaints on them too). Wife confiscated for her bedroom gun. :confused:

This is (was) my gripe with Glocks until recently when I put a Model 36 single stack .45 on layaway. Looking forward to carrying it. I guess I have small hands.