PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Arms HP 22 LR AMMO

M_0_D_O
March 29, 2011, 11:03 PM
What kind of ammo should we be using with this gun ?? What brand and what velocity ??????????????? :confused:

kozak6
March 30, 2011, 02:30 AM
Standard velocity ammo is recommended.

group17
March 30, 2011, 07:43 AM
Any bulk 22 ammo will work just fine. UN-like the expensive 22 pistols that need the good stuff my Phoenix will eat almost any thing you feed it.

cuttman58
March 31, 2011, 10:43 PM
phoenix arms recommends nothing over 1150 fps velocity
cci standard velocity is a good one

Tactical Jackalope
March 31, 2011, 11:16 PM
Wow...again...lol took this gun with us today. To the range, well my old mans...It's a pain in the arse to take down or was at first...but it's a real pain putting back together.

Anyways, someone said the numbers 1,500 or so FPS and down. I think someone posted a pic here of a slide cracking from a higher velocity.

bigghoss
April 1, 2011, 12:09 AM
my friend had his crack and fall apart after 300 rounds of too-strong ammo. he said the company told him 1300FPS or lower

tynimiller
April 1, 2011, 07:15 AM
I buy bulk remington, precision, or anything else I can get cheap and run it through the thing...fun little pistol and is almost always traveling with me just as a back up in the truck or around the house.

MrWesson
April 1, 2011, 10:44 AM
As a long time Phoenix arms owner here's what to expect
5-10000rd your slide will crack(mark my words)but with a great warranty I don't find it that bad
Google hp22a safety mod and thank me later(removes silly mag safety and drop fee mags)
Accurate little gun for short barrel
Did I mention slide cracks?
The hammer safety(top will work loose over time I just epoxy mine so it stays
The rangemaster kit(longer barrel) is worth it for some but I had jamming issues with it.
I've got a slide crack and a frame crack when the frame cracked they just sent me a new pistol.

cuttman58
April 6, 2011, 06:53 PM
make sure you do not modify the safety because if you do it voids the lifetime warrenty i found this out the hardway when after just 50 rounds the trigger locked and i sent gun back in and they sent it back and said warrenty was voided and they would not fix or replace

MrWesson
April 6, 2011, 07:09 PM
I sent mine if for a crack slide a couple months ago and didn't have a problem.. If you ask they will probably tell you it does but I have found dealing with them over the past 15 years or so that they have a hi-point don't ask warranty.