PDA

View Full Version : Ghost ring sight...

Beentown71
March 4, 2011, 04:10 PM
I decided to get a dedicated HD shotgun project started. I am starting with a S&W Model 3000 with Speed Feed stocks. I just ordered a magazine extension for +3 for a total of 8 shots.

Now I am looking for a set of Ghost Ring style sights for it. Any recommendations? So far I only have $200 in the project. Trying to keep this as inexpensive project as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Beentown

Here is a pic of it with the Speed Feeds on...Mag Ext should be here Monday:

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc329/beentown71/zombiegun-1.jpg

Rifleman1776
March 4, 2011, 04:41 PM
Lot of things that could be talked about here.
But, to help with the basic question first. I would prowl the gun shows and look at the parts dealer table. Or contact Numrich.

Now, with a shotgun, in the house, at night......do you really anticipate needing 'X' ring accuracy? And, in the dark, how are you going to see the sights?

Hoosier_Daddy
March 4, 2011, 06:03 PM
The front sight on my shotgun ghost ring set up is very easy to see in low light. It is like a TruGlo. That front sight is much more visable than the Tritiom sites on my handgun.

Beentown71
March 4, 2011, 11:26 PM
I completed a low light/night class (handgun, rifle and shotgun) and a guy had a 500 with a Ghost Ring set up that was very fast on acquisition. It was treated with a tritium liquid sort of like a guy sells on here.

Not only good for HD but great on close quarters coyotes I would think.

Beentown

Hoosier_Daddy
March 5, 2011, 09:19 AM
I found the ghost ring sights to be much faster - for me - to get on or close to a target than just a front bead sight.

Stevie-Ray
March 5, 2011, 03:49 PM
It was treated with a tritium liquid sort of like a guy sells on here.Who sells liquid tritium on here? Inquiring minds and all that.:D

sirsloop
March 5, 2011, 06:39 PM
IMHO ghost rings are pretty useless for HD. At the range we are talking a bead is all you need. Heck, you may not even need a beat... just sight down the barrel.