PDA

View Full Version : What a weekend!

Dr_Rich
February 20, 2011, 11:54 PM
So a good friend of mine paid me a visit this weekend and he brought a long a few toys! Namely his Kel Tec .380 and his Glock 19. Now I'll admit, my experience with handguns is limited. I've shot a hand full of .38's and .380's as well as a couple 9mm's. I have found that I don't like the deeeeeeeeep trigger on a Taurus. My pops has a llama .38 special that's nice, I'm just not a wheel-gun guy. But I have to say, I was really surprised with the G19 and Kel Tec .380. They were both really comfortable and easy to manage for someone with my limited experience. Next for me would be the Ruger p95...but given the choice, I'd have to take the glock. It just seemed more comfortable in my hands. And...To make matters worse, I'm a lefty. I mention that because my buddy was actually a little surprised at how well I was doing with this Glock, with it being my first time shooting it. But it was just one of those things I can't explain. Like the guy that can shoot Quail from the hip. You just kinda point it where you want the round to go.

The only real advice I could think of, is that i just put the front sight on just under the target, took a shot and saw were it landed and went from there. I never really looked at the rear sights other than to adjust my windage (left / right). I actually ended up doing the same thing with the Kel Tec. That was was a bit harder being it had no real sights. It was all of a little bump on the end of the barrel. But it worked.

Well, heres a family photo.

http://camarogod93.us/uploader/files/1/183814_10150089560917823_503587822_6328318_3479913_n.jpg

PS
If none of this makes sense or sounds like gibberish, Its late and I'm VERY tired! Sorry :(

38superhero
February 21, 2011, 12:31 AM
nice family...

Eagle0711
February 22, 2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks for posting. Very Nice!

dgludwig
February 22, 2011, 06:43 PM
What left-handed bolt-action do you have pictured?