PDA

View Full Version : Will this lower&upper receiver complete an AR?

JerseyDrez
January 24, 2011, 06:10 PM
Ok so I have been an AK guy for a while, but my interest in AR's has been accumulating and now want one.

I have been researching more and more on them, and prefer to build my own with upper and lower receivers to my liking.

I don't need a 2,000$ rifle, all I want is a plinker that I can shoot at the range (100yd max) and enjoy using in some tactical rifle classes I'm taking in the spring.

Would this upper receiver:
http://www.del-ton.com/Rifle_Kit_p/rkt102.htm

and this lower receiver:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1STSL&name=Spike%27s+Tactical+AR15+Lower+Receiver&groupid=53

complete my build? I just want it bone stock right now, and will possibly upgrade some accessories in the future.

On the Del-ton site, it says,
"20" rifle kit comes with everything needed to complete a stripped lower receiver.
Includes fully assembled, headspaced and test fired upper receiver, lower parts kit and buttstock.
Rifle kit does not include stripped lower receiver or magazines."

So this includes all the parts to assemble in the lower, as well as all the parts/barrel/etc to complete the upper, correct?

Thanks ahead of time.

viciouskitty
January 24, 2011, 06:16 PM
Yes the parts included in the del ton kit would complete your stripped lower receiver. I purchased a 20 inch rifle kit for del ton about a year ago and it has performed 100% with great accuracy and reliability.

GoOfY-FoOt
January 24, 2011, 06:54 PM
You would also need a magazine and ammo....:p

JerseyDrez
January 24, 2011, 09:51 PM
Wait, I thought ammo is always included in gun purchases!?!:) That would be nice, wouldn't it!

Through research, I've read good things about many AR-producing companies and Del-ton stood out with their positive reviews and reasonable prices.

I would prefer one of the 16'' kits with the adjustable stock, but unfortunately that can't happen.

rdmallory
January 24, 2011, 10:14 PM
Check at www.budsgunshop.com They have some complete for around $600.

Doug

HKGuns
January 24, 2011, 10:49 PM
Yes and it goes together rather easily. Here is a guide to help you through the build. Hope it is ok to post this link.......I'm sure a mod will correct me.....

Guide (http://www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/)

JerseyDrez
January 24, 2011, 11:37 PM
Thanks a lot for the link. I actually lurked on a couple AR sites, including AR15.com, but didn't see that build guide. Will definitely be reading up on that.

Buds does have a few in the $600-700 range, but only a select few would be legal in my state. I did find a nice Bushmaster with a non-adjustable stock (pinned), and the free shipping is a nice plus.

I'm debating whether to go with an A2 stock or ship the upper (or entire rifle, depending) to my FFL, who does custom work on AR's and AK's (pinning stocks, welding brakes, shaving lugs, etc) and have him pin the telescoping stock to where I like it.

I dunno, so many options but at least I am narrowed down now which is good.

BusGunner007
January 25, 2011, 02:46 AM
I like the fixed 'tele-style' stock.

You're gonna have fun with this project.