PDA

View Full Version : Israeli Arms .45

erob3
January 17, 2011, 03:29 PM
Anyone have 1 of these or had any experience with one? Good pistol or no, I haven't shot it but the trigger feels great. I think it's the M6000, it has a blue slide on a stainless frame. Seems like a decent pistol, extended slide release, safety and mag release. Tactical sights, combat hammer and beavertail safety. Any thoughts on a fair price?

Dfariswheel
January 17, 2011, 08:23 PM
Israel Arms is an American importer who used to import guns made in Israel.

Later they seemed to get their guns from the Philippines.
The Model 6000 was made in the Philippines and was made by the same company that sells to a number of other importers here.
The Model 6000 was the dual-tone version and was imported from 1999 to 2001.

The Blue Book shows one in brand new in the box at $395.

Deja vu
January 17, 2011, 08:31 PM
my cousin has 40 from Israeli arms and it functions well.

Skans
January 18, 2011, 09:27 AM
Are there currently any pistols actually made in Israel that are being imported....or did the import ban pretty much stop that?

erob3
January 18, 2011, 02:29 PM
I honestly do not know, however, somone here may. From what I have been able to read this particular pistol may have been made in Houston, TX.

sailskidrive
January 18, 2011, 04:19 PM
Magnum Research was importing the Israeli Weapons Industry/Israeli Military Industry Jericho line of pistols...

~Sail

Pinky Carruthers
January 18, 2011, 06:53 PM
The Magnum Research Desert Eagle 1911 is made by BUL in Israel. I would imagine the Israeli Arms was a BUL product as well.

Dfariswheel
January 18, 2011, 08:03 PM
I believe Israeli Military Industries (IMI) is still importing the Desert Eagle, the Baby Eagle, and the Jericho.

The Baby Eagle and the Jericho are versions of the CZ-75 and Tanfoglio Witness pistols.
These are made from Israeli produced parts and parts supplied by the Italian Tanfoglio company.
The same basic guns are sold here by European American Armory (EAA) as the Witness.
These are internally the same as the Israeli guns, only the outside is cosmetically different.

Skans
January 19, 2011, 08:22 AM
I thought the Desert Eagles were domestically produced since around the 1990's.

Dfariswheel
January 19, 2011, 07:25 PM
The Baby Eagle is made in Israel using some Italian Tanfoglio parts.