PDA

View Full Version : Ruger stock

ocharry
January 8, 2011, 12:39 PM
Hey guys I don't know if this is in the right spot or not but I am gona ask anyway

I need a stock for a Ruger Red label 12ga.

Friend of mine has one that he said his dog chewed up,,kinda looks like he took a chain saw to it,,messed up for sure

He wants to just take the old one off and put on a new one,,I have been lookin around some but haven't come up with anything that won't break the bank

Is there anything out there in the $200 range

Thanks

ocharry

BigJimP
January 8, 2011, 02:33 PM
No, probably not - stocks are expensive ...and its often cheaper to buy another gun than replace a stock. I'd be surprised if you can find one much under $ 500...

However, you should shop the used gun shops in your area / Pawn shops, etc ---- and look for a "parts gun" for a stock you can salvage.

oneounceload
January 8, 2011, 03:54 PM
Try having him call Ruger and see what they say

zippy13
January 8, 2011, 03:57 PM
To add to your friend's grief, Ruger doesn't sell replacement stocks for their shotguns outright, they must be factory fitted. As oneounceload suggested, have your friend contact:
Customer Service Department
411 Sunapee Street
Newport, NH 03773
(Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST)
Telephone: 603-865-2442
Fax: 603-863-6165
for an estimate.

jmr40
January 8, 2011, 08:20 PM
It may still be expensive, but I'm betting going through Ruger ends up being your best/least expensive option.

Hunters change out factory stocks for aftermarket all the time on rifles and you can often find perfectly good used rifle stocks. Not so on shotguns, especially doubles.