PDA

View Full Version : Damaged Taurus PT 100

rocky
January 2, 2011, 05:39 PM
I recently bought a used Taurus PT 100 AF. The original owner said he had hardly used the weapon. There being no shootin range in the near vicinity for testing I went ahead and purchased it. I eventualy got to a range and on firing it I noticed the cartridge cases were being ejected at quite a force and then it jammed. I discovered that one of the lugs on the locking block had broken off, due to a worn out spring.
Unfortunatly due to the fact that I live in South Africa I cant get spares.Could someone please advise me where I can purchase these items on line

Single Six
January 2, 2011, 05:44 PM
Welcome to TFL. Try Brownell's.com. Good luck!

B.N.Real
January 2, 2011, 05:55 PM
Taurus warranties all their handguns for life and will fix it for free if you can get it to them.

Of course,that far away you'd probably spend as much shipping the gun as it cost.

Still,I'd try to contact Taurus and see what they can come up for you.

Especially if when the lug broke it may have damaged something in the frame of the gun.

Coltman 77
January 2, 2011, 06:01 PM
Send it back to Taurus.

Oh wait, I just noticed you're in SA. Surely Taurus has a facility in your area to handle problems like yours?

Or since the guy who sold it to you lied and said "he had hardly used the weapon." I'd take it back to him, get your money back and buy a brand new HK or Beretta.

Keep us updated on your situation. Good luck. :)

Kreyzhorse
January 3, 2011, 07:52 AM
Oh wait, I just noticed you're in SA. Surely Taurus has a facility in your area to handle problems like yours?

+1. Give them a call to see what they can do for you.