PDA

View Full Version : great pics on trail cam

deerhunter389
December 22, 2010, 02:51 PM
i get great pics but have a hard time drawing the big bucks out during the day anytips with 2 weeks left in season!

nathaniel
December 22, 2010, 03:07 PM
If it were me I'd get out of the stand this late in the season, Id figure out where they are bedding down during the day. During muzzle loader season I figure out were they are feeding early morning/late at night, if its too early or too late every night I look the cover they like. This past season I had to do this and while I was walking in the cover 3 nice bucks jumped cover. I didnt have a shot so I pulled out and waited a day or two. Put my sneak clothes on and slowly walked the cover. Got a nice 6 point, I was him laying down so I hunkered down and waited till he got up. Now if your not paitent or you cant stalk quietly then I dont know what you could do.

GAR700
December 23, 2010, 04:24 PM
Those pictures would really discourage me...
I have pretty much convinced myself that there are no deer where I hunt and I don't know what I would do if someone proved otherwise.
Good Luck
GAR

trooper3385
December 23, 2010, 11:38 PM
Get a night scope or a good spot light and shoot them at night. I'm just kidding. That would be a very bad idea. If the ruts over, I would spend most my time hunting you feeder that you have there. They are run down after the rut and there looking to recover and put some weight back on. Right now is a real hard time with the moon. Most you animals your going to see are real early in the morning around sun up and late afternoon. Atleast that's what I've been seeing the last week or so. It should start picking up more here in the next couple of weeks with the full moon passing.

rdmallory
December 24, 2010, 10:12 AM
He did not get that big by walking around in the daytime.

I wonder how may of the "record holder" bucks were shot after dark.

Doug

hogdogs
December 24, 2010, 10:41 AM
IMHO, They do not go true nocturnal... diurnal at most. They get that big by walkin' around and bedding and eating and rutting and screwin' does in places where ZERO pressure exists...

I recently got a glimpse of what would easily be called a TRUE FLORIDA TROPHY BUCK (his hat rack was super high and very wide) as he WALKED a couple hundred yards ahead of the beagles on his track.

He had been gone for 15 minutes before the beagles went by on his track where I heard his rack smackin' tree limbs.

Another 25-30 minutes later a feller drove up askin' which way the dogs went...

I just grinned and pointed... He said "Yeah they are runnin' a buck..." I told him that his dogs were runnin' but the slow walkin' jones buck was long gone into the closed section by now...:D

Brent

Ticonderoga
December 27, 2010, 11:48 AM
nice bucks; really wishing I was at home this year, I'm itching to hunt...