PDA

View Full Version : JC Higgins 311 A Cross

ZeroJunk
December 21, 2010, 12:56 PM
Anybody know the Savage or Stevens model number that this store brand crosses to? Thanks

oneounceload
December 21, 2010, 01:33 PM
Proofhouse doesn't show that model - sorry. What type of gun is it?

ZeroJunk
December 21, 2010, 01:55 PM
It's a double. I think 311A is the Stevens number although it is on the JC Higgins gun.

Here is my problem. If you look at the 311 in Gunparts Catalog they show a screw in the front and rear of the trigger guard. The one I have has the front screw brazed in or cast in and threaded and I guess you put it on by turning the whole trigger guard and when in place secure the rear screw.

Anyhow, the front screw is broken. I can't figure any strong way to fix it that looks nice. would be great to get the correct guard.

oneounceload
December 21, 2010, 02:19 PM
My first thought when you posted 311 A was that the gun is a Savage, as I have the Fox/BSE - the cousin of the 311.

If the trigger guard isn't that expensive, you buy it and try it - if it doesn't work, selling it on ebay might work - but if the gun was made by Savage, I suspect it would fit. They weren't going to make TOO many modifications for a rebranded price point gun, which is what Sears was after.

If you haven't looked at Proofhouse, here's the link. Maybe there is another number on your gun that corresponds to one of these to give you the right match:

http://proofhouse.com/cm/house_brand.htm