PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference?

TIM THOMPSON
December 20, 2010, 01:45 AM
What is the difference between a Sigma model F and a VE?

Coop de Ville
December 20, 2010, 11:16 AM
The F model is the full size model, not sure if they make them any more. The E and VE models are the newer compact models.

I have a 1999 era E series, melonite slide and night sights. The VE is the same gun with stainless slide and plastic sights standard.

They also had a G version that had a green frame.... They even had a white and grey frame at one point....

To be honest I haven't been on S&Ws website in a few years, but that's the basics.

Best,

-Coop

Coop de Ville
December 20, 2010, 11:30 AM
If you're looking to get one they are great guns. Part of that is me saying that because it was my very first gun. I knew nothing about it except I read an article and it played up how the new Sigma was great and how LE was switching o 40S&W. So I went to Daviis in NC and ordered one... the rep kept hinting towards the Glock 19 he had for the same price. Nope. Took it home and looked at it for a week.

Finally went to a local range and bought a box of PMC 180gr. This would be the first time I ever fired a gun. I stood there aiming really scared of that first shot.

Anyway, it turned out to be a great gun for me. The 40 recoils a lot in this gun and that's something I had to get used to. It is accurate and shoots point of aim, unlike my Glocks that shoot high.

I had one mishap discussed here years ago. I ordered an extra power steel recoil spring 23 # from ISMI. At one point at the range the slide fell off the frame... the locking block plastic housing disintegrated enough for the slide lock to fail. I believe it was caused by the spring as well as my use of gunscrubber / brake cleaner.

Needless to say S&W replaced the frame free of charge.

Other things: Don't go cutting the main spring / trigger spring to get a lighter pull and don't remove the fabric from the trigger spring.... Ask me why :)

Sorry for the rant. I love it. It's reliable (now) accurate and feels good in the hand. I think you could do a lot worse.

Then again, nothing wrong with Glock.

Best,

-Coop

TIM THOMPSON
December 20, 2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks so very much for the info on the difference between a SWF and a SWVE.