PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a Sig Trailside??

HKFan9
December 19, 2010, 09:36 PM
I had a guy come in the shop I work for the other day looking to sell a Sig Trailside... I never saw one in person before and after handling it I was intrigued. We bought it in... and I waited a few days and decided what the hell (the price was definately right.;) ) so I picked it up.

I have not shot it yet, but I really like how thin the actual gun is, but the grip fills my hand just right. It also has adjustable sights, and an INCREDIBLE trigger.

Just looking to hear from people who have had or do still have one, the good the bad the ugly. Thanks

gyvel
December 20, 2010, 08:47 AM
I have one and it has proven to be very reliable and has above average accuracy (albeit not match accuracy).

My main gripes about the gun are the plastic "fairing" that attaches to the front of the frame, the plastic magazines, and the "thumb rest swell" on the right side grip panel (a mirror image of the left grip panel). I guess the gun was intended for both RH and LH shooting, but the "swell" ended up in the fleshy part of my palm so I did away with it.

I did stumble by accident across a (steel) magazine from another make of gun that works quite well and whenever I see one I buy it.

Overall, I really like the gun and have had it for several years now without any real problems.

l98ster
December 20, 2010, 09:50 AM
I have a bunch of 22 pistols (ruger, browning, etc...) and by far, I like my trailside the best. Not only does it fit my hand perfectly, but it is definitly the most accurate 22 pistol I have. It is an absolute pleasure in every facet.

The trailside is considered to be on the lower end of the high end match guns. With a bushnell red dot sight, using aguila standard velocity ammo, I can regularly (to the point of boredom) hit 38 special cases off hand at 15 yards. shotgun shells at 50 yards are quite easy as well.

Bottom line, this is a grat gun. BTW, its a standard 4.5" barell, and barebones stock with the exception of the red dot sight!! You wont be dissapointed with ths gun!!

-George

HKFan9
December 20, 2010, 12:56 PM
I believe mine is the longer barrel. Perhaps 6 inches. I have had Rugers, Buckmarks, a Walther p22 in the past.... but as soon as I felt the Trailside and especially its trigger..... I really seemed to like it. I couldn't argue with the price since its where I work, lets just say I got it much cheaper than I see them going for online used.:D

The polymer mags seemed pretty sturdy to me however. It did not bother me much, cant wait to shoot this thing! I got it with one mag and the original case and papers.

Icopy1
December 20, 2010, 04:51 PM
I had the 6" match version with the barrel weight. It was accurate and felt great, but barrel weight had a nasty habit of working itself loose, even after adding blue loctite to the set screw.

It was kind a cool owning a hammerili/sig 22.