PDA

View Full Version : FNP-45

DBLAction454
December 9, 2010, 11:47 PM
Thinking about picking up an FNP-45...

Done some searching around here...theres not much to read... anybody have any issues with this weapon? Dislikes? Reliability issues? Horror stories?

I like how it feels in my hands and i like the design and trigger and mag capacity...

Just want other people's .02 cents or whatever they've heard or seen about them

Thanks!

Michael Wilson
December 10, 2010, 12:02 AM
I like mine a lot. Shoots great and my wife can shoot well with also.
I like it enough that I am planning on getting a FNX 40 or 9mm. Still trying to decide which one.
Go check out the FN website lot of info on them.

scoobydoo6906
December 10, 2010, 05:06 AM
nothing bad to say at all about mine. its a sig design more or less so i highly doubt you will have any problems unless its a defective part. holsters are hard to find for them but mine had a blade tech holster that came with it so no worries for me.

testuser
December 10, 2010, 06:27 AM
I doubt you'll have issues with a new one. Although, I do have an interesting story to relay.

I bought an FNP-40 last week as a used gun. It looked almost brand new. Some issues it had...

- Slack magazine springs (would not always lock the slide back)
- Hairline crack in the trigger housing (a modular part)

These are well known problems with the FNP series and its my understanding that FN has now addressed them.

Instead of taking it back to the gun shop, I called FN customer service. They treated me as if it were a new gun and it's now at the factory for repairs. Great customer service. The first guy shouldn't have given up so easily...

These are issues to watch out for, but, in my opinion, not a reason to stay away from the FNP series. I was just "lucky" enough to find an early one whose owner didn't want to bother with sending it back for free. FN has excellent customer service and will stand by their product.

insolentshrew
December 10, 2010, 02:21 PM
What testuser has said. It is unlikely you will be disappointed/have any problems with your gun, but if you do FN's cs is top notch. They will take care of you. This isn't the first time I have heard of FN treating a used/out of warranty firearm as if it were new and the original owner when it comes to warranty repairs.

Sturmgewehre
December 10, 2010, 08:31 PM
I shot this review of the FNP 45 today for you. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQLZww7IP6M

I hope you find it useful.

barry
December 10, 2010, 08:55 PM
Sturmgewehre what is the main differences in the fnp & the fnx models
Barry

Sturmgewehre
December 10, 2010, 09:03 PM
When talking about the .45, you only have the FNP. However the FNP 45 came after the original 9mm FNP and had updated features that were later copied onto the FNX 9mm and .40 S&W models. The differences are slight but were things people wanted changed such as the more positive safety lever that also doubles as a manual safety found on the FNX and FNP 45.

The FNX also has a slightly different rail, different magazine release, ambi-slide release, etc. All of these features existed on the FNP 45 first and found their way onto the FNX pistols.

Gaxicus
December 10, 2010, 09:06 PM
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334543

With hot handloads and thin brass you can see some brass bulging but with factory +P loads I have seen none.

The gun is very controllable, very accurate, and comes with 15 rounds of .45. It, over all of my other guns, sits in the bedside quick safe. Its the go-to gun. I cant make a higher recommendation than that

Patrice
December 11, 2010, 01:47 PM

Wrothgar
December 11, 2010, 02:22 PM
I have an FNP 9 and LOVE it. They are my new favorite brand of pistols. I've never had a single FTF/FTE

johnbt
December 11, 2010, 06:09 PM
"the more positive safety lever that also doubles as a manual safety found on the FNX and FNP 45."

The FNP-45 and FNP-45 USG are different. Or were when I bought a USG model. The USG has a thumb safety and a decocker.

"The FNP-45 USG features double-action/single-action (DA/SA) operation with a manual thumb safety" FNHUSA

ks_wayward_son
December 11, 2010, 11:12 PM
If you do plan on buying your FNP 45, Buds is having a sale on them now.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=53896

Also available in the two-tone.