PDA

View Full Version : Taurus PT609

Billy Tasso
November 28, 2010, 10:53 PM
I have a lot of experience with firearms and have never before had a problem disassembling a pistol; however, I followed the instructions to disassemble my new PT609 and the slide came back forward to the assembled pistol position and now willl not more either forward or backwards.. Does anybody have a solution for me? This one has really got me confused. I pulled the slide rearward and locked it at that postion, then rotated the take down pin clockwise until it stopped, then I slid it out. I then released the slide latch to allow the slide to go forward while pulling the trigger per instructions. It's now stuck as describel above.

Billy Tasso
December 1, 2010, 04:10 PM
Well after calling customer service at Taurus and following the instructions of the customer service representative on the telephone, I am now sending the firearm back to Taurus with the trigger dislocated in the frame.
I was told to pull the trigger forward and it should release the slide. I did that and the slide was able to be pulled backward. I pulled the slide all the way to the rear, then depressed the trigger again and allowed the slide to go forward. It again stuck directly over the receiver and would not move forward or backward. The rep. told me to pull the trigger forward again. This time the trigger dislodged from the receiver and stuck out the trigger guard sideways. NOT WHAT I WANTED TO SEE ON A BRAND NEW PISTOL.
To their credit, I was emailed a shipping lable immediately and brought the pistol to FED EX. and shipped it off to Taurus' Miami office. I was told 2 to 4 week turn around on the repairs.

Has anyone had any experience with the Taurus PT609. I'd love to hear some good news about the pistol. I got a good deal at Academy Sports on the purchase price of only $288.00. and didn't own a 9mm at the time, so I thought I'd try one out.
I'll keep you guys posted.

AustinTX
December 1, 2010, 06:20 PM
You should post your problem at http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php for a little more feedback. Plenty to read there, both good and bad, about the 609.

Billy Tasso
December 2, 2010, 11:19 AM
To Taurus' credit I received my pistol back today, supposedly fully repaired and ready to go. That is just 4 days after I shipped it. Pretty amazing turn around time. Now, in my opinion, that is good customer service. Hopefully the gun will now function properly with no additional problems and I won't need to check their customer service again.
I know a lot of people complain, but except for the original problem with the gun, my experience with Taurus' customer service has been a good one.

hotcha45
December 2, 2010, 01:21 PM
Billy, I bought one of those also (haven't had a chance to shoot it). But it seems to have a weird feature, to wit, when the slide is retracted after dropping a mag there is no spring force dropping the slide release out of the way so no quick slide going forward. It appears that you HAVE to use the release (which is awkward for a lefty). Is yours this way?

Lashlarue
December 3, 2010, 11:04 AM
Until yesterday, I had never heard of the model 609, I have two Taurus autos a 24/7 Pro Ds and a 709 Slim, and have been a member of the site for two years or so.I was only able to find two threads in the Taurus complaints section.If you haven't registered it is invisable to casual users.Didn't find it in the catalog either.I think they may have discontinued it.Post a pic as I am curious yellow!