PDA

View Full Version : P239 Question:

IMightBeWrong
November 24, 2010, 11:07 AM
I've been wanting one for a while now, but every time I fondle one I just can't stand the concave shaped slide stop. Just out of curiosity, is there a replacement for this piece shaped like a standard sig slide stop? Or perhaps is a standard slide stop interchangeable?

Shadi Khalil
November 24, 2010, 12:52 PM
I didn't know the 239 slide stop was any different than the rest of the P series. If they are not interchangeable, you may want to email customized creations and see what they could do for you. The 239 is a great gun, I wouldn't let something you'll barely use like the slide stop to keep you from it.

gc70
November 24, 2010, 01:51 PM
The slide catch levers (Sig's term) for the P-series pistols all differ by model. You can get a good look at the different shapes of the parts in the parts diagrams at the back of the model-specific manuals on Sig's German website (http://www.sigsauer.de/index.php?id=437&lang=en).

On all P-series models except the P239, the slide catch lever comes out from the frame and bends down and outward at an angle. I guess that your description of a concave shape refers to the fact that the P239 slide catch lever comes out of the frame, bends at a right angle and extends downward for a tiny distance before bending outward at an angle. It would seem that you could bend the external part of the slide catch lever to suit your taste, but that would probably cause the lever to protrude awkwardly.

Sixer
November 24, 2010, 01:55 PM
I guess I've never noticed anything strange about mine :confused:

But hey, like Shadi said, if you have something specific in mind you can always call Todd @ Customized Creationz.

IMightBeWrong
November 24, 2010, 01:56 PM
I'm sure I could get used to it but the angle seems funky to me. On my P228 (former and should never have been sold) I thought the slide stop was the most perfectly placed and shaped lever on any weapon design in existence. I just have a little more difficulty with the 239 one.

BODAME
November 24, 2010, 08:07 PM
Took me less than 10 releases make the transition to the 239 from my 220s and 226s.
Excellent 40Cal. Carry Gun