PDA

View Full Version : C&H revolver

bigmezz
November 9, 2010, 12:32 AM
I have a Spanish revovler. I contacted Cerugilu hermanos in Eibar Spain. They told me they have not manufactered guns since 1936. There is no serial number on the gun anywhere. There is a screw on the front of the trigger guard. It appears to be a clone of a S&W 1950 revolver. It is is about 90% condition. Action is good and tight. Bore is bright with no pitting. It is .38 special with a pinned barrel. On the top of the barrel it is stamped "BEST AMERICAN CARTRIDGES ARE THOSE THAT FIT BEST. THE C.H. REVOLVER." Anybody got any more info on it? Thanks

James K
November 9, 2010, 02:08 AM
I regret having to tell you that it was one of many tons of Spanish revolvers imported into the U.S. in the 1920's and 1930's. They were made by at least a dozen makers, most of whom didn't think enough of their products to put their names on them. Almost without exception the guns were poorly made of inferior materials, usually cheap cast iron, although they often were nicely finished and blued.

Those guns have near zero value, and most knowledgeable people consider them dangerous to fire. Some may disagree, and you can do as you want, but I strongly advise you to not fire that gun with any ammunition, not even blanks.

I will note that every time someone asks about one of those guns, I say the same thing, and I always hear from an owner who is in denial and insists that those Spanish guns were the best guns in the world and better and stronger than any Colt or S&W or Ruger ever made, etc., etc. They call me a liar when I say that I have seen several that blew up with normal loads and one that blew up with a blank.

Jim