PDA

View Full Version : Rem. 597 part?

jbaucom86
November 2, 2010, 08:57 PM
So I have a 597 that I've had for about 8-10 years, and when I first got it my buddies and I thought it would be a good idea to try to convert it to full-auto (illegal I know). My question is, there is a part in the trigger housing that we filed down that locks the hammer back after each shot, so that it would not stop the hammer from hitting the pin again. I am trying to revert the gun back to stock, but I have no idea what the part is called. Or should I replace the entire lower section? Thanks, and no flamers please.

jbaucom86
November 2, 2010, 10:22 PM
anybody? I'm a bolt guy so I don't know semi-autos that much.

Scorch
November 3, 2010, 01:04 AM
Disconnector? Whatever you filed down, you will have to buy the whole trigger assembly.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=4320

Technosavant
November 3, 2010, 11:05 AM
The only part of the trigger group assembly I've seen available by itself is the hammer, and that as an aftermarket part for improving trigger pull.

If I were you, I'd get the new assembly, destroy the part you and your buddies modified, and edit your post to remove the part about having ever tried this. We don't need to know why, and having that information out there will only get you in legal trouble, even if the attempt was a pure failure.

trg42wraglefragle
November 3, 2010, 11:09 AM
One question: Did filling down the part make it full auto?

Ifishsum
November 5, 2010, 07:20 PM
Scorch has the best answer IMO. Get a new trigger group from Numrich, should fix it right up unless you did something to the bolt.

BusGunner007
November 5, 2010, 10:15 PM
What Techno said.