PDA

View Full Version : Taurus PT 208

Dana C
October 25, 2010, 03:32 PM
Hi, folks. I just bought a Taurus PT 908, stainless. It came with one clip and no box. I down loaded a owners manual and finally found extra mags. of which I ordered 5.

Here is the question: Have any of you had any experience with the pistol. I might add that I went through 1/2 box of FMJ's and 1/2 box of JHP's as fast as I could pull the trigger to check for function am much as anything else and did not have a FTF FFF or anything else and accuracy was actually pretty good exceeding my expectations.

Also, what other semi autos carry almost the same profile. I am having a hard time finding leather for it.

As always, thanks for the help?

lee n. field
October 25, 2010, 07:51 PM
A coworker bought one. It's the only one I'd ever seen outside a Taurus catalog. I have no idea how well it's worked for her.

zukiphile
October 26, 2010, 02:37 PM
I have one. I also had a 945 I sold years ago.

I think these are brilliant handguns. The taurus implementation of the up for safe down to de-cock was smart marketing. When combined with the sig-style barrel lock-up it answered a question the market had posed. The grip on my 945 was rubbish, essentially a flat panel of black plastic that made a Glock feel like an ergonomic wonder.

I don't have a similar problem with the 908. It points very naturally for me, is certainly accurate enough for carry (though not as accurate as a Sig 239). The felt recoil is greater for me from the 908 than the 239.

I find that the 908 and 945 both provide a really vicious hammer bite that can be remedied with a bit of tinkering. I find the magazines for both to be sharp enough at the feed lips to annoy me in longer sessions at the range.