PDA

View Full Version : 92f magazine spring recommendation

Marred
October 22, 2010, 01:03 AM
My Beretta locked open with one round in the magazine twice during my last range visit with the same magazine so I assume that after 20+ years my 15 round magazine spring may be the culprit. I keep the mags loaded with 15 rds all the time. So my question is, who makes a good replacement spring? I didn't see any on the Beretta website and brownells makes a chrome silicone one but I can't find any reviews on them. I haven't had a failure in my gun ever and would appreciate it if someone could recommend a good one, assuming this is the problem. Thanks in advance for your help.

nogo
October 22, 2010, 01:20 AM
CDNN SPORTS is having a magazine sale. You can buy a new factory mag for the price of a quality replacement spring from Wolf. It may be time to discard these old magazines. Beretta advises that loaded mags should periodically be unloaded so that the order of the rounds can be changed. Top bullets should be relocated to another position--to prevent case deformation.

Slide release lever spring may require replacing. Is your supporting hand bumping the slide release? Many people will load magazines with one less round regardless of brand.

Marred
October 22, 2010, 01:41 AM
Nogo,
I have to go with the mag spring as I live in occupied territory, aka California. 10 rounds max here and as far as I know I can buy the 15 rd. spring.
You bring up two very good points with the slide release lever spring and the bumping with the supporting hand. The gun is twenty years old and the only thing I've ever replaced was the recoil spring, guide, locking block and plunger. I think it's time to overhaul the old 92 and I do hold it with thumbs high on that side. Thanks.