PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Tactical Initial Review!!! www.TroTac.com

Any .45
October 21, 2010, 11:33 PM
Hello TFL,

I would like to do an initial review of Trojan Tactical. This past Saturday, I passed by Trotac.com home of Trojan Tactical Holsters by John and Gary, to check out their products. I was very impressed, by what they had on their website. So I put in an order, now this is not a holster review, that will come later, this is a review on my initial thoughts of Trojan Tactical as a company and their customer service.

I put my order in Saturday morning sometime around 0100. I got my confirmation email and shortly started thinking about some carry options, colors, and items not listed but mentioned on the website. So I decided I was going to email John and begin to annoy him with my questions about those items. To my surprise, I received a reply to my email at 0841 Saturday morning, and the process began. I initially ordered just their Scabbard LB, which is their light bearing holster and their flagship model, for my G34 w/ TLR-1. After John answered my questions I ended up ordering two set-ups for my 3-gun shoots, a regular Scabbard for both my G34 and MP9 plus double mag holders for each, and 2 Magpul Pmag holders, with the carry options and colors that I had asked about, IWB, MOLLE, and OWB, the colors were OD Green, and Coyote Brown. They have 3 basic colors, Black, OD Green and Coyote Brown, and a long selection of other colors for a small fee. John was very helpful and asked all the right questions through this 2 day process, which was a Saturday and Sunday, day and night. Goes to show some people just don't stop working, or sleep for that matter.

John is actually a member here at TFL, and seems to be a very genuine idividual, so far Trojan Tactical's customer service is second is to none. I got all my questions answered promptly, on the weekend, both day and night, he's a dedicated individual to say the least and their turn around time is superb. John initially intended to have my items done by Monday and ship out that day or Tuesday morning, which seemed to me, to be an incredible turn around time from a made to order/ Custom shop. But they ran into some minor issues, due to Trojan Tactical's rapidly growing popularity, they had an order from a local store and ran out of rivets. He rapidly notified me of the delay and apologized, which wasn't necessary in my opinion, just because I didn't anticipate a 2 day turn around from a custom shop, especially not over a weekend. In my opinion, what it did do, is certify their commitment to its customers. He already new I was anxiously waiting, especially when he told me he had made the gun holsters and that all he was waiting on was to make the mag holders. So John, being that guy, sent me a picture of the holsters (posted below).

A little history of Trojan Tactical, taken from their website. Trojan Tactical is owned and operated by two full time deputy sheriff's, John and Gary. Our goal is to provide affordable,concealable, and functional concealment products for pistols, revolvers, cell phones, magazines, or anything else the customer may need to carry concealed as they go about their day to day activities. While our products may not win any beauty contest, they WORK. You can rest assured that everything we make has been field tested and proven. John has been a deputy since 2004 and serves as a Marksman/ Observer on the county's Tactical Response Unit in addition to being assigned to a plain clothes narcotics unit. It is in this assignment that he got the idea that would later evolve into what is now Trojan Tactical. Gary served in the United States Army for several years and was deployed in Operation Desert Storm. He has over 10 years of law enforcement experience and is currently assigned to patrol. Gary is also a NRA/ FBI Certified Firearms Instructor.

In closing, as stated earlier, I will do a full holster review of all the items I ordered when I do receive them. I will be using them in next week's 3-gun shoot, if I make it home in time, if not at least I can run them through my own practice session and tell you all about it. Trojan Tactical's customer service is second to none as stated earlier and if their products are a representation of the individual, I can boldly say they would be very hard to beat. Considering they give you a lifetime warranty and excellent customer service, I see Trojan Tactical as a house hold name very soon.

Check out their Website at http://www.TroTac.com. The website is very nice and John knows he has some work to do and products to add, but if there is something you don't see or might like made, email them and I am positive you'll get a fast and courteous response.

Any .45

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l166/paciaro/TroTac.jpg

shooter_john
November 10, 2010, 10:54 PM
Any.45...
I appreciate your kind words very much. I am the owner of Trojan Tactical, and I'm not here to toot my horn. I did however want to drop by on this thread and welcome any of you to contact me with any questions or comments on my gear, and certainly welcome you to order. Any.45 did a significant amount of business with me, and I am hopeful that my products please him as much as my customer service did, and I look forward to helping any of you guys and gals out that I can!

pgg
February 15, 2011, 12:29 AM
I just saw this. I bought the first holster John made commercially. It works great. Its amazing how I can conceal a G21 with light and G35 with light on my scrawny body with his holsters.

danny0085
March 31, 2011, 06:30 PM
If you are tired of virus you can install linux ubuntu (http://tips-linux.net/en/linux-ubuntu/linux-distribution/install-ubuntu) and install general software like office, nero, adobe reader and so on