PDA

View Full Version : nut job converts r o a,s

andrewstorm
October 20, 2010, 08:17 PM
gunbroker guy emfaticly proclaims the two 5 1/2 in r o a ,s for auction are now cartidge guns and must besent to a ffl and not able to be shipped otherwise,why do people do these things it ruins the collector value of the roa:barf: id of paid as much as 600.00 for the ss 5 1/2 roa:(

ClemBert
October 20, 2010, 08:38 PM
You mean this ROA (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=196316832)? I'm kinda thinkin' that he probably didn't convert this himself. Probably took it in from someone else. It is sad that the cap-n-ball cylinder apparently has gone missing. It would have been much better to sell it as a cap-n-ball revolver and sell the conversion cylinder separately.

4V50 Gary
October 20, 2010, 09:57 PM
It's a drop-in cylinder conversion. Unfortunately, the original cylinder is not included, otherwise it would be a good one to jump on.

the rifleer
October 20, 2010, 11:33 PM
Im pretty sure you can just buy the regular cylinder. I actually want a conversion cylinder, but they aren't cheap. Considering the price and the inconvenience in which they must be loaded, id rather just buy a new revolver.

andrewstorm
October 21, 2010, 01:23 AM
yep clem ,that one and another ss model,both butchered and banished to the land of the bound book,i can hardly stand to see them that way,they may never make these again ,best bp revolver in history and rarer still the 5 1/2 bbl,and trying to turn them by decree, into modern conventional ammo shooting FIREARMS!!!!!! e gad:confused: and rifeleer,no you cant just buy the cylinder,ruger wants you to factory fit all their cylinders,to get one you must send the gun and 185.00,6 week turnaround, while they still have parts available

robhof
October 21, 2010, 07:43 AM
Don't Know if Classicballistix is still in business, but I bought a couple of their cylinders awhile back and they fit and fire just fine, they did send a disclaimer that some fitting maybe required. I've talked to many others who have these cylinders and they all just put them on and went shooting. Their's don't have the Ruger warning and are about 5gr deeper.