PDA

View Full Version : Where do I get a launcher for my AK?

RastaMan
October 12, 2010, 10:29 PM
What is the possibility of mounting a launcher on to one of my AKs? Thoughts?

abelacres
October 12, 2010, 10:43 PM
http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/yugoslavian-m70-ak47-grenade-launcher-attachment-/products_id/4629

trooper3385
October 12, 2010, 11:08 PM
Are you going to try to use that for your Brown Bear hunt?

zombieslayer
October 12, 2010, 11:08 PM
What do people do with these? I'm asking because I've seen these advertised, but I have no idea what yall are launching.

pythagorean
October 12, 2010, 11:56 PM
Grenade launcher:
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr145/whitehouse_2008/Centerfire%20Rifle/Assualt%20Rilfes/127.jpg
Toward the end of this Colt the barrel has a place to fix an M2 grenade launcher.
Most of us don't or won't use it for our range sessions. Getting the device entails a bit of red tape.

If you watch the news when we see our troops in theatre you can see that all of them have the M2 attached to their M-4s.

Pertaining to the AK question I suppose some kind of launcher could be developed if it hasn't been already.

Pertaining to my opinion of all AKs and SKs and whatever Ks I'd personally find a launcher to launch the rifle into the nearest river without a bottom.

thesheepdog
October 13, 2010, 08:10 AM
Pertaining to my opinion of all AKs and SKs and whatever Ks I'd personally find a launcher to launch the rifle into the nearest river without a bottom.

ROFLOL!!!!!

Katophract
October 13, 2010, 08:48 AM
Wow, someone who truly is ignorant of the AK. Let met guess, you heard on the internet once that AK's are inaccurate. Also, only about one in three or one in four depending on the unit have the M-203 grenade launcher. What civilians can get is a "flare launcher." It sure looks tough and tactical, but it aint the same thing. The civilian M4's with the notches for mounting M203's are nothing more than wanna be posing pouches.

MarineCorpsAT
October 13, 2010, 09:50 AM
For what? You cannot get ammunition for the launcher!

tulsamal
October 13, 2010, 10:20 AM
Sure you can. You just need one in 37mm instead of the military 40mm. Lots of 37mm flare launcher rounds out there. Or you can get it in 12 gauge.

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=77&zenid=bavr4p4lsj92l3mtseiua3h9l5

Gregg

pythagorean
October 13, 2010, 12:44 PM
I figured I'd probably get some spicy feedback for launching the AK into the bottomless river but to me it's a sow's ear that can't be improved upon its original stampings and low cost mass production. It goes bang, perhaps more times than an AR in worse conditions but beyond that and 100 yards it is an inexpensive unsophisticated unappealing status thing suggesting a mind that has opened far enough to lose the immediate perspective in firefights, targets, hunting or even show.

MarineCorpsAT
October 13, 2010, 12:48 PM
I was only familiar with the 40mm. Still... Why?

pythagorean
October 13, 2010, 12:48 PM
I forgot about the difficulty getting the grenades as well as the M203 launcher!
However, every Colt LE Carbine, despite being restricted to semi-auto, has the same barrel and frame that the M-4 has.
So it can hold the M203 launcher and use the prescribed grenades if they are acquired.

Powderman
October 13, 2010, 01:04 PM
Yes, you can legally buy an M203. It'll cost money and a bunch of red tape. But, the most difficult part is the grenade.

It is my understanding that EACH grenade would have to have a separate tax stamp, and destructive device license. This would kick the cost of firing the thing up astronomically.

Katophract
October 13, 2010, 01:08 PM
useless beyond a 100 yards? Seriously? Either you've never fired one or you don't know how to shoot. Take a look at Gabe Suarez's site. He has a very different opinion of the AK. But I'm done because I don't want to derail any more.

But why an over sized, over priced flare launcher?

Delaware_Dan
October 13, 2010, 01:43 PM
What civilians can get is a "flare launcher." It sure looks tough and tactical, but it aint the same thing.

You are wrong. all you need is a tax stamp to get the 40mm. Getting grenades however...

TheGoldenState
October 13, 2010, 01:50 PM
I duck taped a flair gun to my MIA. ;)